Step 1
Step 2 CK
Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 1   *  >   >>  

* I failed what can i do, I need help???
  juancarlos - 12/22/06 14:54

I'm an old IMG with a wife and three little girls, full time job,took kaplan course,goljan audio,q-bank.I got a 68 what can i do???this exam was tricky.I feel very depressed with no motivation.  
Report Abuse

* Re:I failed what can i do, I need help???
  myusmle - 12/22/06 15:01

hey juancarlos,
that was close.
just take a vacation for a week or two/spend quality time with ur family and then start ur seroius prep.
i suggest u do FA and usmleworld q bank in addition to ur resources and u will ace the test
good luck

Report Abuse

abuzar - 12/22/06 16:40

friend
u know sometimes we donot get every thing in ife in one attempt.we dont know what God has planned for us,but
I know a friend who failed step one twicw and last month she passed it with a flying score of 95 ,so its not impossible.
try to find your weak areas ,and work on it.be regular cosistent and confident.believe in Godyour hard work and in yourself specially.
keep in mind you area doctor ,when u can become a doctor u can pass this exam also.just believe in u and God that your hard workwill be rewarded.

Report Abuse

mengo - 12/22/06 18:08

Hi juancarlos, recoil and fire again, even the NASA guys sometimes fail to meet the mark. You are in a better state now because you know your enemy well enough to prepare apropriately. Take this as atraffic stop, read again and when you feel it turning green try again,if you get to another stop do the same. Its all about passion , endurance, toughness, its not about who is bright or not, at this stage we are all part of the brightest minds of our lifetime. Lets march again, even if you dont see us we all are marching with you. Lets go, lets go some hurting body is waiting for our special touch. left right left right feft right... step by step step by step.........  
Report Abuse

calmer - 12/22/06 21:27

just push it to one side......take 1 week off to be with ur family.....then spend 1 week deciding where u were weak using ur result sheet....then make a schedule and change the stategy u used before.....

maybe this time focus on more questions if u didnt do that last time etc etc

for everyone who posts here with a pass, there are many who dont pass and dont post....u r definitely not alone....and not the first or last who has failed a step and then gon on to get all steps and residency....

think of it as a bump in the road.....keep on driving.....dont stop.

calmer

Report Abuse

juancarlos - 12/23/06 01:16

hey guys thanks for your kind words I really needed that,I will take a little break to be with my family and take the exam again,i not going to give up that easy.

Thanks to everybody in this forum,merry christmas and happy new year.

Report Abuse

sanie - 12/23/06 02:10

Live does not stop at one step.. to be late is better than to be absent.
GL for all of US

Report Abuse

drsunila - 12/23/06 08:17

hey u've got guts 2 write this.......................dont worry.ur better off than pple who get low scores....at least u can retake the exam.mayb god wanted u 2 clear wit flying clors not ust pass..........start studying post new year.make a scedule.stick 2 it.til then analyse what went wrong&how ul tackle it.........now just freak out wit loved ones...............  
Report Abuse

asc - 12/23/06 10:23

Look for your weak subjects and focus more on them, plus do UW and more questions than you did b4. Also do NBME a month before the exam that will tell you where u stand now and build you confidence.  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome