work on plan B  
Report Abuse

* Re:I have failed step 1 five times
  jazzyutahn - 12/12/08 19:32

you mean change my profession  
Report Abuse

zvezda09 - 12/12/08 19:38

you still have a chance but only if you pass step2- CK, CS and step3 with very high scores! and at first attempt.  
Report Abuse

hellousa - 12/12/08 19:39

Think about another career line. Trust me its difficult.  
Report Abuse

cervidil - 12/12/08 20:10

Dear Jazz,

Everything is possible on earth.
But it depends on how long can wait.

Just tried to pass it and try to pass other steps with high score.
You must do observership. During the observership, try to get contact. Eventually you will get in.

So, this is a testing to your perseverence.

An opportunity always come. You need to be patience and wait. Good Luck

Report Abuse

hunk - 12/12/08 20:51

be prepared to work for ATLEAST 2-3 years doing observerships or research or externships, along with a decent first attempt scores in all the remaining steps. its a tall order to be honest, and at this time you must sincerely evaluate your willingness and persistence to be able to do this without getting frustrated. You must also think of your ability to do it, in terms of attitude and approach. You have to be realistic and at times, it is more sensible to let go certain things....At the end of all this, you may still not match into a competitive field, so be prepared for what lies ahead.

If I were you, I would be re-evaluating if its worth it. its a huge financial and professional investment on ur part.

gl

Report Abuse

cath70 - 12/12/08 21:24

consider becoming dentist in usa. takes 4 years (think as residency) of dental school and need to give dat. bit expensive. but life will become cool and easy.

Report Abuse

erg - 12/12/08 21:45

Physician Assistant program takes 27 months; Surgical Assistant will take no time. This is if you want to stay in clinical field.
You can also teach and do medical research and/or medical management, and as the plan B you can get Masters of Health Administration (if you are business minded person), MPH (if you want to work for State and eligible to do so), or just simply go into business. You van do them on line and have everything completed within 1-1.5 years.
Honestly,
I would have given up...
Good luck anyway!

Report Abuse

ncancer - 12/12/08 22:03

i know it will be difficlut, but dont give up. i know a guy who finished FM and is now practicing first year, in chicgao. he had taken step 1 5 or maybe even 6 times,. then he got a position through connections after he got certified, and they were very impressed by his determination..
its very hard but not impossible..

Report Abuse

* Re:I have failed step 1 five times: To Jazzyutahn
  theeagle - 12/12/08 22:07

Please, Please, please do not let any body, any body at all discourage you. You have gone so far.
There are a lot of people out there like you. Just stick to your dream. Take step 2 and 3, try to pass and apply for residency. If people will tell you the truth of themselves as it is, you will know that you still have chances. Try to get connections.
I do not understand why some people are full of discouragement.

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 4     [Next >]     [Last >>]

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome