Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 1   *  >   >>  

* Help!! It is hard to read Goljan!!!!
  arundhati - 04/18/10 00:45

I know all of you will say that we must do Goljan but it is such a big detailed book.....I think it will take me my whole life to master it!!! and forget about revising it!!!! So I took Kaplan Pathology lecture notes and started listening to the Kaplan Pathology DVD instead....and I find the Kaplan Pathology going much better....The Professor Barrone even shows slides step by step and highlights what all points we must know for the exam. So basically I am finding Kaplan Pathology much better than Goljan. So Can I do Kaplan Pathology itself for the exam??? Can I ace this exam without Goljan?? Plz....this prep is taking me forever :-(  
Report Abuse

* Re:Help!! It is hard to read Goljan!!!!
  arundhati - 04/18/10 13:10

no reply??

somebody plz reply....

Report Abuse

ayash - 04/18/10 13:30

Do the Kaplan DVD's and afterwards read Goljian RR.  
Report Abuse

jan2010 - 04/18/10 16:06

hey ayash.....do u think we should listen 2 goljan audio..watch kaplan videos..study goljan rapid review..audio transcript..lect notes...??
i'm confused..thanks in advance

Report Abuse

jan2010 - 04/18/10 16:13

anyone plz??  
Report Abuse

endo101 - 04/18/10 16:32

hi guys,
my view on this is that goljan audios are a must!!!
the transcripts are helpful in the sense that you can follow along with the audios, otherwised i tend to get distracted and lose focus on whats being said. so having the transcripts helped a lot.
after that i quickly went thru RR, i would listen to a topic of the audios and then do RR like in the evening or something.
also try to do questions alongwith so you get to apply what you've read.
i didn't even touch kaplan or the vids for patho.
hope this helped... GL

Report Abuse

climber1 - 04/18/10 16:34

hi...it depends on ur base..
if u see urself doing well in path..u can listen to golgian audio only becuz he highlights the real imp points...so if u got all that points ...u r in good shape...
many people score 99 with kaplan,,,,so it depends on ur base and linking concepts together,,,,becuz....all whts goljian is putting bio,,physio path together,,,,

no question abt the length of this book....and will take u month or more in ur first reading with some questions.....but if u hv time u will see the diff after u read it....
goodluck

Report Abuse

jan2010 - 04/18/10 17:01

thanks guys...good luck  
Report Abuse

arundhati - 04/18/10 18:29

Can I get more input on KAPLAN pathology plz.....We all know that Goljan is the Golden Rule....but I dont want to do Goljan...Is there any one out here who has scored 99 with Kaplan pathology plus Kaplan Patho DVD? Any input regarding this would be appreciated. Thanks.  
Report Abuse

endo101 - 04/18/10 18:36

i know a good number of ppl that did kaplan patho... they all scored in the 90's. but i think its all about your method of study because all books do provide the same basic knowledge.
at then end of the day it all comes down to uw, so if a book is missing something then its all adjusted with uw and FA... at least thats how i look at it.
hope this helped a bit. GL

Report Abuse

bingo2712 - 04/18/10 19:39

hi i know 2 of my friends who scored 99 and they never touched goljan ......... dont worry do kaplan patho they r enough ....GL  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 6     [Next >]     [Last >>]

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome