Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* Family Medicine externships / Dr. Jaddou Somerset
  sun2012 - 06/30/14 05:32

Does anyone know of any good FM externship program ?
Also if you have any input about Dr. Jaddou's program in Michigan please share. I am thinking about going there but not sure if it's good.

Report Abuse

* Re:Family Medicine externships / Dr. Jaddou Somers
  sun2012 - 06/30/14 23:28

Anyone has experience with FM externship, please kindly share. :)  
Report Abuse

javyy - 07/01/14 01:51

yes i also want to join Dr. JADDOU'S program in michigan but i am confuse, if anybody has the experience , plz share
ALSO anybody has experience of FMG AFFORDABLE?? Dr. MEHTA ? plz share your experience.

Report Abuse

dr_caree - 07/01/14 13:59

dr jaddou is good .. god bless him .he personally take round in his clinic along with other externs.  
Report Abuse

sun2012 - 07/01/14 20:15

@dr_caree thank you for your input.
Could you please share more of your experience of the externship with Dr. Jaddou? What was the schedule of work like? How was the stay at Extended Stay America?
Thank you in advance!

Report Abuse

strugle - 07/01/14 22:08

I believe that Dr. Jaddou is over rated, 1st i don't understand why its "Externship" and not " Observership" because legally you cannot touch the patient, you can only observe, as far as i know the Externships is only done at the hospitals. not in clinic, and his experience is strictly clinic.

Report Abuse

dr_monu - 07/03/14 10:23

I did 6 weeks at Somerset Family Medicine, personally I had a good experience. I understand your wariness, and unease with any paid externship experiences, especially with all the negative comments on this and other forums. I took a chance with Dr Jaddou's program and am happy with the experience I gained.  
Report Abuse

strugle - 07/03/14 11:43

@ dr.monu

can you please larify how is it an Externship rather than an Observership? would you share imp. thing that he mentioned in ur LOR? i mean regarding what u did at the clinic??

Report Abuse

strugle - 07/03/14 11:44

clarify*  
Report Abuse

dr_monu - 07/03/14 12:30

@strugle- so after going unmatched after this last season, I looked at my CV and decided that I needed to upgrade it with some recent clinical type experience. Now obviously the BEST experience would be to do an externship or even observe in an inpatient Hospital setting, especially if it had a residency program within, there is no denying that. I personally decided that while I have applied to an externship program that is here local to my area (the DMV), I would use one of these paid externship programs. Americlerkships, Medclerkships, Fmgaffordable, Dr. Jaddou's etc... I chose Dr. Jaddou's simply because I recognized one of his externs on the website from one of my interviews. Yeah its a pretty lame reason, but thats what it was, the pic on the website was an actual person I had briefly met, and so I took a chance. While there I met other externs who had personal experiences with the other paid programs as well. I'm happy with my experience at Somerset, and having taken the advice of other externs I am looking to join another paid externship as well. So strugle basically if you need USCE then take a chance on something and go get it, sitting on this forum talking about legality, overrated, underrated, your just playin yourself bud.  
Report Abuse

strugle - 07/03/14 19:33

@ dr_monu

you are right, we have to take advantage of any thing available, but can you clarify to me, when you say EXTERN, what do you mean exactly? most of the clinic experience is Observership, i.e. what do u do at the clinic so that it is considered an externship experience? is it considered a Hands On experience?? i am really confused, I worked in a clinic for three months but i dont know who to sell it on the CV, is it Hands on? Externship? or observership? BTW i also live close to somerset..

appreciated

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 4     [Next >]     [Last >>]

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome