Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 2 CS   *  >   >>  

* lung examination?????
  bangusmle - 06/27/17 12:38

I had a doubt abt Lung examination?? Should V ask the patient to sit up or lie down during Lung examination?The U world Phy. Exam Video shows to be doing it while Patient is lying down...But How can v per-cuss the posterior aspect of chest or Auscultate the post part of chest in a lying down patient..Can anyone please clear this,n also how abt tactile vocal fremitus?

Report Abuse

* Re:lung examination?????
  drbrenda - 08/23/17 17:33

It is best to have the pt sitting upright Inspection Auscultation Palpation and percussion front and back along with CVS exam included  
Report Abuse

asma252 - 10/10/17 20:17

FOR THE LUNG EXAM they should be lying down if its an ER case
sitting for clinic cases.

Report Abuse

asma252 - 10/11/17 16:58

you have to also assess chest excursion too  
Report Abuse

carlos79 - 12/10/17 12:12

Inspection auscultation palpation percussion  
Report Abuse

p.rizvi - 12/15/17 10:50

you have to palpate for chest wall tenderness as well  
Report Abuse

morticia - 12/17/17 23:42

U have to do lung examination as xarlos said but chest wall tenderness depending on the case u have
If the pt complain is chest wall pain so u have to rile out costochondritis and so on but he he is short of breath there is no need to palpate the chest wall

Report Abuse

carlos79 - 12/23/17 12:20

TVF is the most important part along with auscultation so if time is running out you must do this at least  
Report Abuse

drbrenda - 01/05/18 16:15

I will be willing to meetup on skype or at a location of your choice to help you for free let me know if you are free this weekend  
Report Abuse

anwaribrahim - 01/05/18 20:48

There are several criminal tutors online that are scamming people on various forums, they take money from them and never come online for services and they never show up to train people if they are giving private training
never give your money to a usmle tutor they are directly competing with you for residency spots and they want you to fail so they can have a better chance to get in ,
this happened to me and I found out that the person tutoring me failed USMLE 3 times.
please choose only established companies and established people that helped your friends pass.
You cannot trust the pathetic people that starts teaching off someone else's intellectual property and materials they have no basis to teach or credentials and no accreditation
Be very careful when you prepare for the USMLE avoid all tutors if you can

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome