Step 1
Step 2 CK
Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 2 CS   *  >   >>  

* Should I mention med school in my resume?
  usmleexams10 - 08/25/17 10:57

Due to the constant setbacks and frustrations of trying to get into a residency program, I have decided to no longer pursue a career in medicine as of now. Rest assured, I am very happy with what I'm doing now and I'm at a much more peaceful state of mind than I've ever been throughout my medical school career.

Having said that, I'm looking for a job in a field completely unrelated to medicine. The biggest dilemma I'm facing at the moment, especially when creating a resume, is whether I should mention medical school as part of my education. My biggest concern is that when employers and recruiters see that I have a med school background, they may consider me overqualified and decide not to give me a job. This has actually been a serious issue for me during the past few years, as far as I'm concerned. Now that I'm no longer pursuing medicine, should I even bother mentioning my medical background in the resume or during interviews? If I don't mention med school, then how should I explain the gaps in case they bring up this issue?

I'm sure there are a bunch of people here who have to work at some odd job to survive, so I'm curious to know if you guys disclosed your medical background? If so, how did you deal with the issue that you may be considered overqualified? Any advice here would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Report Abuse

* Re:Should I mention med school in my resume?
  harlem - 08/25/17 13:53

mention it and explain you have switched careers.
be honest, there is no need to hide anything.

Report Abuse

* Re:Should I mention med school in my resume?
  reza21 - 10/11/17 08:22

be honest  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome