Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* Anyone struggling during residency?
  leena14 - 07/04/17 12:07

Please gather here if you are going through challenging times in your residency ...I feel like quitting at this point...Let`s help each other finish this journey..  
Report Abuse

* Re:Anyone struggling during residency?
  dcha - 07/04/17 17:06

after so many years of hard work quitting is not an option. stay strong. relax. organize.  
Report Abuse

usmle0558 - 07/04/17 18:13

Do your best/ get help early. learn from everyone and every place... fake it till you make it. Best of luck  
Report Abuse

successgirl - 07/05/17 16:35

I understand exactly what you mean. I'm a senior now and I'm still going through hard times. Residency is not easy but it does shape your character. You have my full support, you can do this! If you ever want to talk, contact me on Skype my ID is : successgirl2. Maybe we can discuss some solutions to the problems. Chin up and good luck!  
Report Abuse

gear2d - 07/06/17 14:32

What is the hardship you are going through? Is it knowledge issues, work ethic, issues with other residents, issues with PD.....?

Finished residence and know the feeling, but opening up to someone outside your program and family may help like close friends who have or who are going through residence with you.

Report Abuse

hba - 07/06/17 16:04

I m in the same shoes.
But listen just bear with this, stay strong
It will be over

Report Abuse

nanaki - 07/06/17 21:00

Put up with the BS, over and over. You will continue to have difficult times, even as an attending, It will be unpredictable BS all over, always. It's the nature of the trade. But...
No matter how hard it gets, life will be a bit easier at some point.

Think about the hardships associated with starting over or not finishing residency and compare that with your comfortable life when practicing after you finish. It's not worth quitting.

If nothing else works in the end, do it for the $$$.

Report Abuse

leena14 - 07/06/17 22:11

I really appreciate your feed back guys, really nice to hear from you, feeling better already, thanks
I will keep you posted.

Report Abuse

usmlechic - 07/06/17 23:21

Nanaki.... Your whole post was nice but your last sentence just killed it. Do it for the $$$$??? Are you crazy?? Money should never be on your mind in this profession!!! Don't do medicine for money!!  
Report Abuse

badresident11 - 07/07/17 09:22

Nanaki is right. money talk , bullshit walks..  
Report Abuse

usmlechic - 07/07/17 16:58

People who do this profession for money should be out of this profession....  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 5     [Next >]     [Last >>]

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome