Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* Studying MPH in the University Program Need Advice
  stephope - 07/12/17 15:28

I am an IMG, 2014 graduate. I got 245+ in step1 and 255+ in step2. ECFMG certified. Currently I am doing MPH in an University which offers all residency/fellowship programs, but not IMG friendly.None IMG matched in OBGYN or IM last year.I am around the campus for about 2 years. But was not able to talk with the faculties in the IM or OBGYN residency program. I am very interested in OBGYN. But I will be more than happy  if I get matched within the Internal Medicine program in this University program.I believe I still have time to talk, but not sure how to approach. Can anyone give me any valuable suggestion on how to proceed? Thank you!

All help are much appreciated.

Report Abuse

* Re:Studying MPH in the University Program Need Adv
  gear2d - 07/12/17 21:21

You have great scores. Have you applied in the past to Match? Also if you have been at the program for 2 years did you make a leap to make connections? If your chances are low there does not mean your chance would be low else where (you could have received some good LORs if you did to increase your chances). I say your scores are great, your MPH is good too, next step is to force yourself to speak with attendings there and make connections if you have not attempted. Ask around for research, reach out to fellows (they always need help trust me), and with your MPH you would be able to help more. If OBGYN is your thing then apply to both IM and OBGYN across the US.  
Report Abuse

down21 - 07/13/17 10:17

well if you are a student in a University then emailing the faculty shouldn't be a problem. They all have same email addresses. You can do your practicum with gynae and obs department or IM. There is no science in it  
Report Abuse

stephope - 07/13/17 15:58

@gear2d - Thank you, 2018 Match going to be my first match.Thank you for your time and suggestions. Best wishes!

@down21 - I tried emailing but nothing worked , even tried for practicum but most of the labs have no openings, already filled with MD research students and undergrads, I'll keep trying. Thank you for your time and suggestions.Best wishes!

Report Abuse

kavya@4a1 - 07/15/17 07:09

you have good scores but try for externships which provides Strong LORs whcih gives makes application more strong  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome