Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* This helped me make my personal statement strong
  jaideva - 08/03/17 22:25

A lot of you are working on your personal statements now. When I was writing my ps for the first time, I googled residency personal statements , found of bunch of tips and sample ps and used a combination of those to make my own ps. And it sucked. It had no direction, flavor or distinctive factor separating me from thousands other IMG. It was too generic.

Maybe, you are stuck too in writing your ps or you think your ps is too generic.

If so, use this strategy to make it a compelling ps that gets the program director interested. It will also help you you answer your interview questions effectively.

It took me a lot of revisions to get my ps right. I wish I knew this when I first started writing my ps. Hope it helps you all.

http://www.alphaimg.com/what-kind-of-doctor-do-you-want-to-be-a-strategy-to-h...-you-match/

Report Abuse

* Re:This helped me make my personal statement stron
  akada1 - 08/10/17 23:40

What word count do you recommend for a PS?  
Report Abuse

akada1 - 08/11/17 11:01

@rebeccabecca Thanks for your response  
Report Abuse

jaideva - 08/11/17 21:24

700 max words  
Report Abuse

kavya@4a1 - 08/14/17 13:48

perfect length is 500 to 600...Here's more on ERAS personal statement length http://www.residencyapplicationpersonalstatement.com/how-to-write-a-strong-er...-statement/  
Report Abuse

residencyedits - 08/14/17 16:12

Don't let your application face hardships.
Residency Edits has reviewed thousands of Personal Statements, CV/Resumes, and Letters of Recommendation.

Our professional editors have a combined 30+ years of experience assisting applicants in the Residency Match.
Our edits help neutralize red flags, highlight uncommon strengths, & overcome cultural hurdles.

Use the code "MATCHEDIT20" for a discount.
Submit your documents for a quote today http://residencyedits.com/index.php/services/

Report Abuse

hope143 - 08/21/17 14:38

I plan on sending in my PS and CV to Residency Edits. How fast can I expect the editing and final completion? My friend has already sent hers in and has quickly received the first edit within a day or so. I am looking forward to your help.  
Report Abuse

jamespshelley - 08/21/17 18:05

From 2006 through ~2014 for USMLE forum members I authored 850+ personal statements. I abandoned my pursuit of assisting under and grad candidates due to just a couple of people who were dissatisfied with the success of my business, and the ensuing disparaging comments.

Best wishes to all residency candidates 2017!

Report Abuse

harlem - 08/21/17 19:50

Beware of @jamespshelly. He will introduce insert plagiarized material into your PS. Just search on this forum. Many IMGs have complained about his services. Strangely the only person who supported him, is a mysterious "Anson". To solve the mystery of who this "Anson" is, see this thread where @jamespshelly forgot he was signed in as Anson and so "Anson thanked Anson" .... freaking hilarious!! : http://www.usmleforum.com/files/forum/2011/4/606145-1.php  
Report Abuse

jamespshelley - 08/21/17 20:44

Perfect! I knew a continued failure would appear to continue besmirching me. Haven't yet passed those exams yet, huh? lol.

A lot of favorites on the board, especially from those who chose me as their scapegoat for their own failures...hardly able to spell their own names. Long behind me are those days. Resumes are the new payday so, harlem (befitting name) you continue trying to match. I'll enjoy my 6-figure pay.

Here's my favorite post: http://www.usmleforum.com/files/forum/2011/4/608782.php

Good luck and best wishes with that future, or what ever you call it.

mic drop

Report Abuse

harlem - 08/21/17 21:54

@jamespshelley : Thanks for further exposing your fraudulent ways. Now that DJT is in charge, thieving clowns like you cannot scam IMGs anymore. You must be hungry/desperate to make an appearance here .... be gone .... till I next dig you out like a little rodent ... lol  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome