Step 1
Step 2 CK
Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* Some programs do not reply to inquiry emails......
  medfq - 08/07/17 19:29

-some programs do not respond to 2 repeated emails inquiring about eg. Observership/externship possibility at their programs. do they expect us to give them a call. Or it is a tradition not to reply even YES or NO.?? what is the solution......To forget it and move forward.?? Thanks  
Report Abuse

* Re:Some programs do not reply to inquiry emails...
  smartpc - 08/08/17 11:46

From a PC - Please remember - while it may seem negligent that some programs are not responding to your inquires, however, keep in mind that they are dealing with not only your emails (not even September yet), plus brand new interns, plus the summer/fall reporting for several online residency systems, schedules, etc. etc. etc. As a PC, I started receiving calls and emails on July 1st regarding the 2018 Match and ERAS isn't even open for us. Please do not mistake their silence as dismissive - they are just overburdened.  
Report Abuse

medfq - 08/08/17 17:42

@smartpc....Thanks...sure PC may be very busy.

-I was wondering more about a solution. without any reply, it looks awkward to keep on resending emails not knowing you will either get/never get a reply.

Report Abuse

smartpc - 08/09/17 08:29

My recommendation is - if you have emailed twice, with no reply, move on. The majority of PC's do not have the luxury of time to answer calls or emails regarding interviews, especially before ERAS is open.

If you are looking only for an observership, and the PC has not responded after two emails, chances are the program does not offer them. Most observerships require a fee to be paid by the applicant, and in this case I believe the PC would respond as it helps support the program.

Report Abuse

medfq - 08/09/17 08:55

@smartpc....... Thank you for your time and kindness.  
Report Abuse

imghari - 08/09/17 16:25

do not give up your efforts. you may wish to view all options  
Report Abuse

medfq - 08/09/17 18:16

@imghari.....please suggest all options. Thank you.  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome