Step 1
Step 2 CK
Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 1   *  >   >>  

* Went for the exam. Just happy to be done!
  alirocumab - 07/03/18 02:30

Hey everyone. So finally I was able to pull the trigger and sat for the exam.

The fact that it is now in the past makes me very happy. Whether or not I performed in the same range as my nbmes, remains to be seen, but I feel reasonably good about the whole thing.

There is no such thing as "low yield" stuff. You will see things that you have considered low yield on the exam for sure. Maybe not too many, but I certainly had at least 5 questions on topics I have barely seen in uworld, nbmes, or elsewhere. As for the rest of the stuff, most questions just tested on the common disorders, techniques, etc but they find different ways to ask about them every time.

I haven't been super active on this forum but have kept an eye on the threads and occasionally commented. Some people's experiences have been a source of encouragement. I want to thank all of you who took time and posted their experiences.

I also noticed that a member who goes by the username of cardio69, regularly helps people on this forum. I have deliberated upon some of your older questions and posts. Thank you for your time and help!

And finally, if there are any general questions that I could answer, you can shoot them my way. Be advised that you can't ask nor will I provide any specifics about exam questions but I can give some tips, provide some general info, etc.

Report Abuse

* Re:Went for the exam. Just happy to be done!
  danrmlb - 07/03/18 11:41

Congratulations!, May you tell me how was your performance in nbmes and uworld assessments please?
I got a pretty low score on nbme17: 213 3weeks ago, then i did nbme18 and got 236, i felt better although i made many stupid mistakes. Now i am planning to take the next nbme in 2 weeks or less.

Report Abuse

metformin500mg - 07/03/18 12:57

Congratulations. Wish you good luck with the score
Which nbmes are more similar to the real exam, in terms of difficulty.
May i know your nbme scores please. Thanks

Report Abuse

alirocumab - 07/03/18 14:25

Thank you both.

I did last 4 nbmes and the scores ranged from 252 to 265. I did them in the following order: 17, 19, 18, 16. I felt the curve was pretty stiff on 17 and 19 and somewhat generous on 18 and 16. UWSAs are both a little higher than my last nbmes.

Imo, exam resembled mainly uworld questions with a fair amount of weirdness and out of left field questions thrown in the mix. If I were to compare it to nbmes, I would say that probably it was similar to nbme 18 in terms of difficulty and a sense of being somewhat balanced.

Report Abuse

metformin500mg - 07/03/18 22:37

Please come back to share your exam result.
Thank you and all the best.

Report Abuse

alirocumab - 07/04/18 00:49

Sure thing. Thanks and you too.  
Report Abuse

cardio69 - 07/11/18 17:46

Congrats!!!
Well done. Great Nb score:)

Report Abuse

alirocumab - 07/12/18 06:36

thank you, cardio!  
Report Abuse

js19 - 07/30/18 14:13

Congratulations 🎉🎊, I know that you should feel more relieved now, I am having difficulties raising my scores, Im feeling overwhelmed due to That, I have covered A variety of Study Materials. I need advise to brake this cicle, any suggestions if you or anyone can help me I will apreciated. Thanks  
Report Abuse

judazzle - 07/30/18 20:39

Congratulations, I am kinda sure you will have a great score! Instincts.....lolz  
Report Abuse

judazzle - 07/30/18 20:45

And please can you tell us how you studied? Could you say you knew all the lines in first aid....please let me know how you studied. Thanks.  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 2     [Next >]     [Last >>]

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome