Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* SHOCKED, IN TEARS, Need Help
  sharan - 05/09/18 01:43

I applied to 190 programs of my interests( IM, Anesthesia, Radiology, and Emergency medicine)
And I am shocked, angered, cried, disappointed that I have not received a single interview....why ???
Can someone help me match ?, I don't know what to do, i don't want gap or go through post match.

Report Abuse

* Re:SHOCKED, IN TEARS, Need Help
  mroops - 05/09/18 07:55

Sorry dude about your situation. There are more than 20 k people on your shoes. Not everyone will match. There are more than 1 k us graduate who didnít match with loads of loan. Get it over . Look at your cv and work on it . Focus in one speciality . Work on your interview skills . You are looking for one of the best job in us and competing with best people of the world. Good luck  
Report Abuse

samr - 05/09/18 22:42

But, why are you crying now/today?

Report Abuse

med786 - 05/10/18 07:25

How many IM programs did you apply? If you are a IMG, on average people apply close to 200 programs in one specialty alone. And here in additon, you applied to Anesthesia, Radiology, and EM. These field are competitive to match into as an IMG unless you have a stellar score. I would recommed applying broadly to IM and FM.  
Report Abuse

parmesh495 - 05/11/18 10:53

What are your credentials and what is your YOG?
If you want to have chances for the match you need to have continuous hands-on clinical experience and get srong LORs. Try to get connections which can be helpful in getting IVs and will be helpful in the match.

Report Abuse

nearlytheremd - 05/11/18 11:51

To add to what others have said. Really think about your personal statement and ensure it is coming across the way you want it too. Is it speaking true to your capabilities and aspirations or is it a cookie cutter personal statement?  
Report Abuse

aceofmed - 05/14/18 13:28

This user is a BITCH!! do not reply to this piece of Sh**!!

"Sharan" is SPAM!!

Report Abuse

aceofmed - 05/14/18 13:30

"Sharan" is SPAM!!

do NOT reply to "Sharan". "Sharan" is pure Sh*t!!

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome