Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* Chance of matching into residency?
  pinochioishere - 07/07/18 16:49

Hello friends, I have above average scores and extracurricular activity and I honored every course in medical school, Caribbean graduate, I have 2 years united states clinical experience. I applied last year and spent 10,000 and did not match despite not having any red flags.

I am not giving up and I am persistent and confident that I will match regardless of what anyone says. I believe in myself.

There are a bunch of bullies I am having to deal with who are harassing me and they tell me not to apply for residency.

Should I apply this year again? Thank you for your advise.

Report Abuse

* Re:Chance of matching into residency?
  pinochioishere - 07/07/18 17:03

I think the fact that I excelled during 4 years of medical school, and 2 years of clinical rotations in America and aced all my exams and even helped many patients get better, I am confident I will excel during residency.

I believe in myself and I will not give up. I am going to start my application today, I will get the money even if I have to take out another loan to apply.

Report Abuse

badresident11 - 07/07/18 19:15

Thats the spirit!!
develop connections, and apply wisely not blindly.GoodLuck

Report Abuse

dreamstocometrue - 07/07/18 21:46

@pinochioishere: You will definitely match! It will help a great deal, if you can do rotations at two to three ACGME programs between now an rank order list submission day.

Good luck!!!

Report Abuse

pinochioishere - 07/08/18 10:51

People can say whatever they like or think whatever, I am going to apply this year and I am going to match into residency and I am going to ace my residency and become a good physician  
Report Abuse

kavya@4a1 - 07/10/18 06:49

Dont give up and apply for this match again. Try to improve your CV and gain connections which can be helpful during the IVs.
Gain hands-on clinical experience where you can get good experience and will be provided with strong LORs.

Report Abuse

samsungusmle - 07/11/18 03:06

I like this chances calculator: https://usmle-score-correlation.blogspot.com/p/residency-chances-calc...ulator.html  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome