Step 2 CK
Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* Please I need some help-did terrible on NBME 6(CK)
  letsdothisstep1now - 07/09/18 12:07

I took NBME 6 a couple days back and I did miserably. Only scored 181. I know its poor.
I am posting here to seek out help from people like you who have already taken Step 2 CK.
Please tell me how I can improve. I have been doing UW, referring to Step up to medicine. I did UW approximately 1.5 times.

I just feel like the past 2 months worth of work has just gone down the drain. Studied at least 8-10 hours per day for 2 months to see a crappy 181, makes me so mad and sad at the same time.

I have already passed Step1 and Step2 CS. Was hoping to apply for match this year but I have been soooo devastated by this NBME score.

Please help me.

Report Abuse

* Re:Please I need some help-did terrible on NBME 6(
  letsdothisstep1now - 07/10/18 17:00

please guys help me out?  
Report Abuse

jazpreet2000 - 07/10/18 18:25

just take a breather..when you took the exam..were you mentally exhausted from studying? go over and see if you made silly mistakes..what you knew and what you didn't know. doing u world isn't enough meaning..actually reading it and understanding and memorizing what needs to be learned. you can do it..don't give up.. no one said it would be easy but you will succeed and you will look back and be thankful that you kept going :)

i personally used , u world, FA step 2ck and mtb..everyone has their own resources that work for them. and your hard work didn't go down the drain..it was one practice test..do another :) just keep going. take a breather, step away and restart

Report Abuse

dr_bod - 07/10/18 22:22

Yes, I bet it was quite humbling. Some NBMEs are quite tricky however. I agree with jazpreet2000 scan through the wrong answers (hopefully you bought this version) and check out the questions to see if its something you knew. If not focus on your weak areas only from the grade report and retake another exam in about 4-6 weeks.  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome