Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 3   *  >   >>  

* CCS question
  letsgetmatched - 04/10/18 05:08

lets say patient comes in to ED; and he is now stable and everything fine- and I want to discharge him on home meds; how does the sequence work? Do you first discontinue all IV meds/orders, then put in new orders for oral meds, then change to location home? and all this should be done before 2 min screen? or do you first change to location home then put in orders for oral meds?

also, lets say you want to schedule follow up apppointment- as per UW software, once the 2 min screen pops up you cant schedule a apppintment at a later date; so if you have to that means that should be done before the 2 min screen?

I know as per Archer, once the 2 min screen pops up, beside counsel patient, orders on monitoring tests can be scheduled and should be scheduled at a later date to show you are monitoring for side effects/efficacy

but I am just confused on the sequencing, especially when it comes to ED and everything fine and now you want to discharge home with home meds, so how does sequencing work here?

Report Abuse

* Re:CCS question
  stepup3 - 04/12/18 09:38

I would stop IV first. I think it wont allow to to order 2 identical drugs before you even can select the route of administration. Order PO. Move Home. You cannot move in 2 min screen and schedule a new appointment.  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome