Step 1
Step 2 CK
Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 1   *  >   >>  

* Mom needs to do Step 1 with 2 kids under 3 !!
  zainsha - 09/29/19 18:59

Hi everyone!
So my life story is very tragic. I'm from Pakistan & did my MBBS (Bachelor of medicine & bachelor of surgery) in 2007 & then completed housejob in 2008.
Soon after I got married & have my first child who was later diagnosed with leukemia at age of around 2 years old. She relapsed again at age of 4 & then I brough her in US for treatment but she passed away 2 months shy of 6 years one month after reaching here.
Now situation is that my husband is a full time student here & we've 2 little ones (soon to be 3 & 1 yr old).Now I want to start my career again but I've no outside help at all.Kids are with me 24/7 plus all the house chores Ineed to take care of. We can't afford daycare or babysitter because of my husband's sky high fee being an international student. So I guess I'm looking for someone in my scenario (mom with kids) who'strying to prepare for step 1.I could use helpful guidance and tips.Tx

Report Abuse

* Re:Mom needs to do Step 1 with 2 kids under 3 !!
  amitaggarwal2002 - 10/01/19 15:00

Hello Mrs Zainsha. I am Sorry to hear about your daughter's demise.
I have just started preparing for USMLE exam. I also did my MBBS from way back in 2007, did 5 year Medical Officer job, then 3 year MD Microbiology, 3 year Senior Residency (Post Doc). I also wish to prepare for exam. Do tell me some books and reference from where i can start with.

Report Abuse

* Re:Mom needs to do Step 1 with 2 kids under 3 !!
  mama.ray2007 - 10/09/19 23:01

Hi Zainsha, Amita
Im 2007 grad from pk, im trying to start again.
Seems impossible to juggle between being a mom and studying, because i literally have no time to myself! But guess what i want to do this. I want to take the highway and push myself to do it. May be Allah has a way for us, may be someday we'll succeed too ..... may be it'll all end well!
Lets start by trying to read half page everyday ?
My materials are only FA 2019 for now.
I have FA 2010 with loads of notes and then FA 2015 with everything , its time to fill in FA2019!

Zainsha very sorry to know about your child, may Allah rest her soul in peace and give you the patience to bear such a huge loss. Ameen

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome