Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* American Externship for Residency with Dr. Jaddou
  nvatti@ymail.com - 02/04/19 20:53

In the United States (specifically California), I have done many shadowing rotations and clerkships. I recently completed the rotation of the American Externship with Dr. Neil Jaddou, and it was by far the best rotation I have had up to date. Not only is he one of the most knowledgeable doctors I worked under, he is also one of the kindest and most compassionate doctors. He treats his patients and students with the utmost respect. He stressed throughout my time in the rotation, that the clinic runs as well as it should, only if the Medical Students, MAs and Doctors work as a team. He would encourage students to ask questions throughout the rotation and would have group discussions about those questions. During my rotation with Dr. Jaddou, he would constantly teach me on how to connect evidence-based medicine to foundational medicine concepts. If I could not connect the two he would train me on how to do so. I learned a great deal on how to take all the information I learned through studying for my Steps and apply it to a clinical setting. Not only did Dr. Jaddou sharpen my clinical diagnostic skills, he also trained me to do EKGs, Rapid Strep Test, Influenza Test, pregnancy test, Wart freezing, steroid injections, Vaccinations of Pediatric and Adult populations, Proper sprain management, Mini-Mental Examination, and the proper Physical Examination methods. I was able to see hundreds of patients in my time spent at Dr. Jaddou’s Clinic. Outside the scientific part of medicine, he taught me the ways the American Healthcare system works; for example, he explained to me what PPOs and HMOs are and how they work. Overall, I would Grade my experience at Dr. Jaddou’s Somerset Family Medicine Clinic a solid 10/10. Unlike some doctors, Dr. Jaddou understands the stress Foreign Medical Students and American Medical Students go through to match into residency. He gives amazing advice on how to proceed with applying to residencies and he wants all his students to succeed in whatever they choose to apply to. The staff at Somerset Family Medicine were some of the kindest individuals I have ever met, I was new to the city of Detroit and they made me feel at home. I hope someday I could be a doctor just like Dr. Jaddou. I highly recommend this rotation for anyone looking for American Externships and looking to gain valuable experience. Feel free to contact me through my email or my phone number below.

Nikhil Vatti (Chief Extern)
Final Year Medical Student
Sacramento, CA, USA
(916)-705-3233
nvatti@ymail.com

Report Abuse

* Re:American Externship for Residency with Dr. Jadd
  reactant - 02/05/19 09:14

Dr. Jaddou also charges over $2000 for a month to work at his private unknown clinic. There are a lot better options out there. I imagine if a medical student asking people to contact them first instead of reaching out the staff at Dr. Jaddou, that medical student my be earning a referral fee. Stay away from this spam post.  
Report Abuse

jajabor11 - 02/05/19 10:39

How come a medical student became a chief extern?  
Report Abuse

reactant - 02/06/19 17:49

@jajabor11 ya too many red flags with this post. Forget being a "chief," a medical student can't be an extern. Externs are folks who complete medical school but haven't completed residency. Most likely this person either works for the Dr. Jaddou or is getting commission for each person he/she refers. Either way, its a highly biased post and is out to grab desperate IMGs.  
Report Abuse

nvatti@ymail.com - 02/10/19 14:58

To reactant,
Dr.Jaddou clinic was actually well know in the area of detriot, and for IMGs is harder to work in hospitals. And I put my contact info there because I myself would like a students point of view. But that is just me. If you look on AMA website, you can find Dr. Jaddou’s clinic listened there. And the medical extern part, I finished my final year and am doing internship, overseas.
Sincerely
Nikhil Vatti

Report Abuse

nvatti@ymail.com - 02/10/19 15:01

And Externship can be done in hospitals not affiliated with the students current hospital  
Report Abuse

nvatti@ymail.com - 02/10/19 15:07

To reactant,
And There is no fee involved, I am just trying to help out other IMGs interested in clinical experience here. So before you label a rotation post a “spam post,” do some more
Research. Anyway have a good day.
-Nikhil Vatti

Report Abuse

reactant - 02/10/19 22:57

@Nikhil Vatti

"the medical extern part, I finished my final year and am doing internship, overseas. "

So in your original post you labelled your self a "final year medical student" then a few days later you changed your mind and now completing an internship. So which is it?

Report Abuse

reactant - 02/10/19 22:58

@Nikhil Vatti

"And Externship can be done in hospitals not affiliated with the students current hospital"

Medical student = a medical student currently enrolled in medical school
Intern = a medical school graduate completing 1st year ACGME accredited rotations
Extern = a medical school graduate completing a non-ACGME rotation.

Therefore a medical student can not also be an extern.

Report Abuse

nvatti@ymail.com - 02/11/19 00:14

To reactant,
I am doing internship in a British based medical school system, this is after final year of medical school, you need to do this before joining residency. the equivalent of that here would be a final year med student, because here they go directly from final Year to PGY-1 without doing anything between, I have completed my actual medical school years and now I am completing my internship overseas.

Report Abuse

nvatti@ymail.com - 02/11/19 00:24

Most IMG us born or non us born, finish their medical school and come over here during their compulsory internship for their respective country. I didn’t not use the term intern to avoid confusion. The externship does not have to be affiliated with the hospital they are currently working at. If you have any more doubts look at amas website for this rotation,

Report Abuse

Page 1 of 2     [Next >]     [Last >>]

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome