Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* Need guidence
  aysha - 04/02/19 18:40

I am a graduate of 2006. Step 1 score 202, Step 2 score 197, Passed Step 2 CS in 2nd attempts and step 3 in multiple attempts. I have one and a half year of research experience. I have four months externship in Obgyn doctors office and four months in Family medicine's doctor's office. Can someone please guide me which specialty should I apply to? Pediatrics, Obgyn or Family Medicine.  
Report Abuse

* Re:Need guidence
  parmesh495 - 04/04/19 13:14

as you have less scores it will be better to go for pediatrics or family medicine. But if you go for pediatrics you need to have rotations in pediatrics it can help the application better. You can get the LORs in the specialty you want to apply for match.  
Report Abuse

kindmd - 04/04/19 16:53

Family medicine I would say but it's hard to find family medicine program which have graduation cut off >10yrs.  
Report Abuse

santhosh - 04/17/19 12:18

Try to look for Family Medicine as you have multiple attempts you need to gain multiple hands-on clinical experience in FM specailty for making the CV strong and shows that you are clinically active. You will also get strong LORs. Try to make connections it can help in getting IVs.  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome