Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

SOAP Begins in: 

<<   < *  Matching & Residency   *  >   >>  

* Matching possibility
  ddnindia - 05/15/19 02:50

I am 2nd year MBBS UG targetting IM residency at Mayo. But due to attendace issues I might have delayed graduation. What score do I need on Step 1 to compensate for it. Is there anything else that can be done? I have already got research and non university academic stuff.  
Report Abuse

* Re:Matching possibility
  kavya@4a1 - 05/16/19 12:50

You need to have good score more than 240 in each step and have multiple hands-on clinical experience, along with the score you need to look at the requirements like YOG and visa. You can look at the requirements in Freida website.  
Report Abuse

* Re:Matching possibility
  drvandorn - 05/17/19 13:34

First, let me start off by saying this, targeting high ranked residencies is a good thing, however you need to be realistic about matching into the United States. Mayo Clinic is one of the best and they prefer US Grads, AMGs have a hard time matching into those type of programs, so for IMGs it will be a lot harder. I saw not too long ago less than 9% of the residents in the IM program are IMGs. You need very good scores (250+ id say to even give yourself a chance) for Mayo Clinic, and an amazing cv. If you can do it thatís great. If you fall short in in any area, you need to be realistic when ranking programs.  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome