Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 3   *  >   >>  

* Passed! Thank you God!
  doctorasshat - 03/27/19 09:38

I would like to share my personal experience with you. I hope the following will help someone. I am a second year medicine resident, and the experience I obtained from work surely did help with the CCS cases. I studied off and on for about 3 months. I did USMLE World 2 and a half times. I made detailed notes of USMLE questions in a notebook by subject. Every day before I started studying, I went over some of the topics in the notebook. Additionally, I have a marker board at home where I would write difficult to remember information. I would go over the information on the marker board for 2-3 days in a row before I erased the information. Sometimes I would study out loud which is a technique I use to remember information. I read MTB, but did not find it particularly helpful.

UWorld SA 1: 203
USMLE 135 free questions: 75%
Real deal: 218

I did not find the Uworld SA to be like the real exam. In my opinion, the real exam was more similar to the 135 free questions provided in the USMLE website. A friend told me that if you score at least a 70% on the free 135 questions, it should be good enough to pass. I find this statement to be fairly accurate. Be sure to do the 6 free cases on the USMLE website also. 2/13 cases on the real exam were fairly similar. Plus, the database on the real exam is identical to the real exam so it is helpful to get used to it. You don't have to write the diagnosis on the real exam just like the practice ones. The exam is tough and exhausting, but definitely doable! Have faith and work hard. You will also pass my friends. GOOD LUCK!!!

Report Abuse

* Re:Passed! Thank you God!
  doctorasshat - 03/27/19 09:42

WHAT I MEANT TO SAY WAS THAT THE DATABASE ON THE 6 PRACTICE QUESTIONS IS IDENTICAL TO THE ONE ON THE REAL EXAM.  
Report Abuse

* Re:Passed! Thank you God!
  eshgh - 03/28/19 18:56

Hi, First of all congratulation and thank you for sharing your experience which were pretty helpful. Also I want top know if you have a UWORLD step 3 active subscription and would like to sell, I am willing to buy it, please contact me sadi@rogers.com  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome