Step 2 CS
Matching & Residency
Step 3
Classifieds

Archives

<<   < *  Step 3   *  >   >>  

* passed step 3 prep time : 4 months
  drshaikbabu - 09/05/19 14:56

I STARTED MY PREPARATION IN APRIL AND GAVE MY EXAM ON AUGUST 12th 13th 2019.

I ONLY READ UWORLD AS MY QBANK AND STUDY MATERIAL(though I still remember much of MTB which I read for CK in 2017/2018, so if you forgot completely just go through MTB for 10 days)
I DID UWORLD THREE TIMES(45% 88% 92.5%)
I STARTED DOING CCS CASES 20 DAYS BEFORE MY EXAM(which I don't recommend) ONLY FROM UWORLD FINISHED 3 TIMES (MADE A NOTES ON CCS which I benefited from on the last day)

UWSA1 202 (five weeks before exam)
UWSA2 204 (two weeks before exam)

NBME 5 180(a week before exam)

I was devastated with NBME 5 score a week before exam, I didn't knew what to do, so many things running in my mind whether to postpone exam or give exam any way, I was so low i couldn't sleep that night and checked all the platforms for the correlation of NBME 5 new form but all I could find is 400 is equivalent of 200 and I only scored 180 that should be 90 or so, I had no clue how could I can fall from 204 to 90 in a week, but inside I was so confident that I am ready for the exam
so I just decided no matter what I must give exam and I gave it on consecutive days and finally got result that I PASSED
EXAM DAY :
DAY1 :was with many questions from step 1 but not so tuff
DAY2 :some step 1 questions too but many from step 3 uworld, but as usual unexpected ethics and bio stats
many many abstract questions atleast 1 and as many as 3 in a block

CCS = totally lost and thought I ruined my exam at one time

it's not at all as expected in UWORLD, maybe many of the people are aware of it but I wasn't, this is for the people who blindly goes with uworld!!!
HEADS UP 1. the timing is totally different, you don't get total 18 minutes to forward time, you'll end up getting hardly 13/14 minutes but the time keeps running in the background, I didn't know how that works
2. there's no such thing comes up as ENTER DIAGNOSIS after you click exit
3. expect unorthodox cases THAT AREN'T IN UWORLD CCS at least 5 like COLA COLORED URINE , IMMUNITY CASES

finally score 204 with CCS being SAME(borderline) performance, but If I knew how to do CCS I would have had HIGHER performance affecting my score

END OF THE STORY : DON'T GET DISAPPOINTED WITH NBME 5 SCORE
IF YOU'RE ENOUGH CONFIDENT AND CONSISTENT WITH UWSA AND UWORLD QBANK ABOVE 90 GO AHEAD AND GIVE EXAM

Report Abuse

* Re:passed step 3 prep time : 4 months
  flight23 - 09/05/19 17:48

Hi
Thank you so much for posting your experience. I have my step 3 coming up in few weeks I am really nervous about the CCS part. Do you mind talking a bit more about the CCS part. Also I thought there were no bio-stat qs on day 2.

Thank you in advance

Report Abuse

medliushuo - 09/05/19 18:59

Congratulations!
How much step 1 stuff were in your exam? I was told to review Pharm and Biostats from step 1. Thanks!

Report Abuse

drshaikbabu - 09/06/19 12:40

hey flight23,
as I mentioned I only gave 2 to 3 weeks in the evening for 4hrs for CCS and that was really a mistake not knowing much about it, I practised it through UWORLD but the real cases are little different, I suggest you to take the demo provided for windows computer in usmle.org as I had MACBOOK I didn't knew the actual exam pattern.
all the difference for me I found and wanted others to know about ccs is the TIMING pattern, NO DIAGNOSIS OPTION pops on exit, expect out of box cases like very step 1(actually I was so disappointed and gave up after 3 cases and only took total of 2.5 hrs for all the cases finishing 2 hrs earlier, still I was on same(borderline)but not low)

There are few biostats and step 1 questions on day 2 as well but not as many as day 1 for me
I hope I answered your question

Report Abuse

drshaikbabu - 09/06/19 12:50

Hey Medliushuo,

Thank you,
There's a lot of step 1 on day one but much of it was basic and not so in depth questions other than few, my target was only to pass so that was not a tuff day 1, not so many Pharm questions but Biostats are around 2-3 in a block which I didn't even tried to answer other than FA Biostat, but there are many abstract questions I had a block with 3 abstracts that 3x2 , there's step 1 stuff on day 2 as well
Hope I answered your question

Report Abuse

ngty1991 - 09/08/19 20:14

Did you feel NBME 5 represented the exam well? Caz i also did poorly on it but did well on NBMME 4 (like wayyyyyyy better lol)  
Report Abuse

Page 1 of 1          

[<<First]   [<Prev]  ... Message ...  [Next >]   [Last >>]

Logon to post a new Message/Reply

Google
  Web USMLEforum.com

Step 1 Step 2 CK Step 2 CS Matching & Residency Step 3 Classifieds
LoginUSMLE LinksHome