Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exam Experience: 1st March 2007 - roentgen
Hi every body,
returned back from prophometric centre.
Tooooo tired!
Want to convey only few important issues:

1.Its an exam of knowledge,concepts,its appliaction,your IQ,Patience and stamina to keep your mind in place after a long and continuous strenous brain drainers.

2.The pattern is changed........now the exam is not like kaplan.The new provided by certain members in recent past is true.

3.DON'T FORGET TO THOROUGHLY GO THROUGH EACH AND EVERY CONCEPT OF USMLEWORLD.Read explaination of every option provided make new concepts and prepare your own notes for the weired concepts and your weak areas.

4.The length of Q is increased and they asked too many weired appearing concepts from UW!(I'M NOT SELLING UW BUT ITS TRUTH.I WAS THE PERSON WHO TOLD EVERY BODY THAT FIRST PREREQUISITE IS KAPLAN Q BANK FOLLOWED BY UW IN MY UW SCORE THREAD BUT AFTER GIVIBG EXAM I CHANGE MY VERSION............UW IS MUST!!!!!)

5.OUT OF 7 FIRST 5 BLOCKS WERE MODERATE AND LAST 2 HARD.

6.They are asking 70% of the routine things but in a different and complex way!

7.had too many MRI,ANGIO,SLIDES but being a radiologist they were too easy for me.

8.Manage your time carefully in hard blocks

9.They covered every thing.....NO SUBJECT IN EXCESS

10.Gebetics was tough but limited Q

11.BIOSTAT & pharma straightforward

12.Asked too many weired receptors and side effects of AIDS drugs.

13.150 Q I feel i knew the answer without reading options. 100 I answered with some reasoning,70 Q with 50-50 chance and 30 highly weired-known nothing about them!

14.regarding my preparation,i will talk after score as it was highly unique and individualized according to my need and working hours(As I told you I'm a working radiologist and prapared part time for 4-5 months only.I worked 8-10 hrs a day,6 days a week and also an old grad passed in 1998....so it is entirely different story and will be dealt later along with the score).

15.And don't forget to practive other Q banks and appear in NBME before 15 days of exam........it allows you to assess yourself and you may postpone it accordingly

GL to every body!
thanks roentgen!GL
thank you for sharing the exp
good luck
and above all FA is bible of step 1 and will remain so!
Hi roentagen,
iam doing my 1st reading and planning to finish it by april 5th
when do u think istart with UW
iwant to take exam in may end or june,i have 2005 FA is it ok to read it ot ishld read 2007 FA
thanx in advance
thank you for shearing your experience... good luck
I am getting nervous myself since I am taking it end of march .
Could you tell me for pharma... what did they focus most on? (psych, antimicrobial?)
Thanks again
thx roentgen and god bless u!!
ishani,
UW is a learning tool do it as early as possible.Make your notes and review it before exam.I also did the smae..prepared about 70 pages/522 HY points and today about 60 were present in the exam!
malena,
Don't be nervous.........but they ask each and evcery thing in some or different way.Actually their one Q test atleast 3-4 HY concepts sometimes.
And one concept may be tested twice or thrice in one or vthe other block.So if you know it you will answer all Q correct and if you don;t know it....then all wrong!
Roentgen,

Thanks for sharing your experience. GL with your score and your next step forward. Do you know how to prepare questions for those MRI and angio slides as a nonradiologist? Thank you.

Chichi
Thanks roentgen for ur advice, looking forward for ur study prep post & good luck for ur score. May u get 99.
Thx. & Gl.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »