Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
omg!!! - wwjd
I passssssssssssed!!!!!!!! I can't belive this GOD is soooooooo awesome!!! Thank you so much Jesus!!! hi guys I am just so happpppppppppppppppppppy right now!!! I didn't know the results came out till 10:30am when some1 called me & told me to check ....I just hope every1 on this forum who took the test pass with flying colors!!! Good luck to those who are still waiting...God bless you all -wwjd

My exam experience is attached below: (its from august)

i took the exam in ATLANTA ...a very nice center, nice proctors & nice SP's...i was really nervous for the first case that i couldn't even finish the examination part because i ran out of time, then i calmed my self down & the rest went ok, 2 SP's seemed rude but then i think they were told to be like that...ALL the cases are from FIRST AID , i heard world is good too but i never got a chance to do that so all i did was first aid & its all i needed, ppl the cases are not hard at all its just calming yourself down make sure you do first aid 3X & throughly i practiced on my husband for weeks & that helped me ...i practiced as though it was the real exam, i had my steth, lab coat etc everything on me & i practiced even washing my hands with a timer....so in the real exam i didn't forget to wash my hands except in 1 case....make sure you try to finish your history in 7-8 min....my advice is be verrrry nice to the SP, be empathetic, & treat them like real patients because they r really good actors!!!...but overall the SP's are pretty nice when you ask them the history they don't give you a hard time they give you all the answers...i had my pshyc case which scared me but ppl dont get scared remmember YOUR THE DOC!!...

MY MISTAKES:
1) didn't wash hands when i finished the exam in 1 case
2) repeated my Q a few times which the SP's said i told you etc
i just apologized & continued
3) forgot to check peripheral pulses in a pt with HT
4) forgot to do opthalmoscope in a Pt with DM
5) forgot to do the MMS exam in a pschy case
6) didn't complete a PN in 2 cases- ran out of time

My Advice:

1) stay calm!!!!!!!
2) practice on some1 over & over again in test mode/timed http://www.online-stopwatch.com/ download the stopwatch & set it up for 8 min (for your history) & 10 min (like the real exam) & then 15 min (the end of the test )
3) remember to be polite say thank you & sorry when needed
4) Know First Aid cases inside out!!!
5) practice writting the PN , make copies of the PN papers from USMLE.ORG & pls watch the orientation video
6) Wash your hands always & they do watch you
7) use the opthalmoscope in the correct hands they watch this too
8) pull out the leg rest when they lie down
9) make sure you started the physical exam when they say 5 min left
10) Smile whenever you can =0))

Just pray that God gets you thru this one too & he will

My accomodation:

i stayed at best western ---i would say this was a decent hotel
the front desk is very nice, they give you a great complimentary breakfast (b'cuz only McDonalds is nearby nothing else!!!)..they provide a shuttle to "& from airport & to the exam center free of charge, & the room seemed clean, i would say it was a nice hotel to stay in...
I flew by AIRTRAN it was a nice flight & a great price...please dress comfortably it is verrrrrrry hot there & off course dress professionally for the exam

Wish any1 taking the exam ALL THE BEST!!!!!!

p.s. i forgot also make sure during the orientation you check out all the instruments & make sure you know all the examinations to be done without having to think much, make sure you write D/D's on every case before you enter the room otherwise when u blank out you wont know where to start & write 3-4 d/d's b4 you enter each room, also write down LIQORAAA & PAMHUGSFOSS & WATT b4 you enter the room, so that u know what to ask.....that is realllly impt even if u take a min to write all these its ok trust me it goes faster & easier that way...once you knock pause 3 sec enter the room say "GOOD MORNING MRS/Mr. Smith etc say My name is Dr. ETC i will be your physician today, i will be taking your history & conducting a physical examination (smile). then look around the room & say r u comfortable in this room? well let me make u a little more comfortable ( put the drape on ) ( this way you covered the introduction points) then say "so what caused you to come in today or How can i help you today? then once they say thier complaint say " i am sorry to hear that but i will do what i can to my best ability to help you get better" then start your history questions, make sure you sumerize either after your history or after the physical examinations ok Good Luck!!!

hey congrats wwjd.. i passed too.. really happy .Thanku Jesus!!! hope everyone passes too here. i too made a lot of mistakes... cant believe it...
when did you take ur exam...
congrats on ur success...
Hey beatle I am happy for you too =0)))))))) & i am praying for the others ....hey robogym i just replied to your msg i took mine on Aug 9th , what about you? don't worry it will come soon , just try to stay calm i know its hard but may God bless you too!!
I took it on 8 th aug
i took mine in 29th of august in phili
still not results
congrats
hey life_saver00 don't worry just hang int here my friend it will come soon & I pray that you will pass too
Hey thanks for ur encouraging words when i needed most. Just got result,..... passed
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »