Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed on second attempt, 84/205 - nzgirl
Fist of all I want to say thank you very much all of you, forum! You were great help to me. I wish you all the best of luck and great scores!
To those of you who didn™t pass- please, please never give up. Dont cry, don™t feel dejected. You will pass, believe me it will happen. I know this now from my own experience. I failed first time, I had 61. I felt horrible, I was crying.I was crushed. It was had for me to deal with failure because it was first time when I had fail exam in my life.But I find courage to carry on and -thanks God- I passed.
Second time its always harder, especially when you know that you fail once

Any way,I will carry on my story.
Time preparation 8 months(part time, I have full time job, never took time off, had only 3 days off before exam)
Material:Kaplan notes, Goljan audio+ pathology notes(is™s must!! I loved it, it helped me a lot), UW twice-first time after I had read everything once, second- 1 month before exam.Second time I did all questions in tutor mode and did the wrong questions second time.
My mistakes: I didn™t read First aid just before the exam, like all you do. During exam I felt I should™ve done it. But it was late. I didn do NBME, so I didn™t know where I was standing.
Exam: My previous failure haunted me. It was horrible, I was frightened, I was shaky, I answered so many questions wrong. I was thinking about them during brakes and realising that I answered incorrectly.I had to calculate PPV, number needed to treat.I sucked not because I didn™t know but because I was nervous and couldn™t do math. I left after exam with bad felling, I didn™t think I would pass. I felt that questions were twisted, the way thay asked it. I was not happy with my performance at the time of my exam. But after all “ I did it. Its not the best score, but I needed just to clear this one.

Thanks God, its over and I passed, thank you , all of you for sharing your experience and posting questions, thank to my family for their support.

Believe in yourself, never give up and you will pass,
God bless and good luck to all of you.

Congratulations good luck for future steps
happy for u
congratulations and good luck.
Thank you so much ,man you had me in tears................OH some stories are so sssssssssso
cool
Good luck in your next exam all the love
congratulations ,you will get the residence of you choice ,I love your story nzgirl
Very Encouraging.............Thx for the sharing.
MAny Many Congratulations for your Achievment.
Goodluck.
congrats.....goodluc 4 all other exams.....
can u plz tell me when u took the exam.....
congratulations and goodluck in another step
Congratulations & Thx for the sharing.
Hi nz girl..

First I'd like to congratulate you on passing... and for not giving up.. Good luck with Step2. I was suppose to take step 1 on dec 31.. took nbme today and got a 310.. 2digit for USMLE would be 166.. very dissappointed..I extended it now to end of feb.. Plz let me know how can i get atleast in the 80zzzz.. and is it even possible with the 2 month period...thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »