Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pass program...???? - rnam
CAN ANY BODY PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING OR EVERYTHING ABOUT "PASS PROGRAM" AND HOW TO GET IT...... PLEEEASE......

http://som.uthscsa.edu/AcademicEnhancement/usmle.asp

Click on â—¦UTHSCSA Student Comments On The PASS Program

That should answer your question without any bias.
Thank you very much spirochetes.... but I'm in Texas and the possibility of going to Illinois is out of the question, is there anyway to get it on line?
Have somebody take it?
are they like live lectures at kaplan?
Please advise, please, please,please........
Kaplan is the best..Go Kaplan..
J
Hey!
In pass program you have half the class taking it for the first time a nd the rest are repeaters..
my friend is currently taking it in Florida... Its thier new branch...
SHe says they make the material very simple and give you teh bigger concept so that you can answer the questions right with out memorizing all the details...
Its 5 days a week from morning 8 to 2.30 but you have a big lunch break for 1.5 hours.
its emphasis is physio ... and how from physio u can solve path and the rest...
SHe says physio and path are good... apparently her score in the q banks have improved by using their metthod..
If you know your material atleast half of it and use thier tecnique... you should improve your score...
their have been people who scored high, but it basically up to you...
Hope it helps
let me know if you have more questions
Thanks mdgonn, Im studying Physio right now and ying to understand every single concept of the book, (kapan), and now Im ready to go with Goljan, do you know if there are some videos of tht course out?
i Think you have to buy them... thier avaliable on their website ...
but if you have the money and time.. live classes are always better

good luck.......
DR FRANCIS and the PASS PROGRAM in Champaign, IL are THE BEST COURSE EVER! I took them for both Step 1 and 2, and passed on my first attempt. And I am not a good test taker!

They use the book Dissecting the USMLE (the 4th edition is now out at https://stores.lulu.com/dissectingtheusmle), which is very organized. Dr Francis teaches concepts that help you understand your way into getting the answers right without having to memorize lists of information.

Kaplan and Goljan are not worth it.

For questions, USMLE World is the best. Just remember...they are harder than the real test, though.

Hope that helps!
the Boook that suasponte pointed out above ... is a book written by a an ex student who while attending his class took notes and turned it around and marketed it... ..., and according to the intrusctors at pass.. they saw they found a lot of mistakes in it cuz... it irrelevant what excatly they said...
But not worth it .. esp not for the price of 130 odd dollars....
and as for kaplan and goljan... it depends on your study tecnique...
goljan teaches tru the falcon review where they encourage you to record your weak areas and listen to them... Good idea... but who has teh time to do that...
Kaplan... its good.. but also has us memorizing lot of stuff not needed to the test..
pass well they teach you the 90% high yeild on the test , and lead you to use your commonsense to guess on the other 10%.
If people were really looking to do pass.. then i would suggest you go thru the material once ahead of time so that.. it makes it easer to jump in and follow the intrustors...
What ever you choose... kap,falcon, pass or home study... HArdwork is the KEy ... AND ALl the best..............
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »