USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: I am quitting......just dont understand life :( - quit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,
Goodbye to everyone.....I hope u all do great in ur life and as doctors...

I am quitting. I dont know what happened to me but when I thought of all the struggle one has to go thro for becoming a doctor, I just dont feel like anymore.

I dont like sitting at my desk and studying all day long....I am almost 28 yrs and all these yrs I have studied....nothing else....even now after getting a MS from US, I feel hopeless...no jobs...study again for MLE.....I am tired...I tried taking 2 day break....but feel just throwing the mle books away....
I am not depressed....just tired of this never ending journey.....good bye!
Hello quit...

See there was two brave ladies called ICAN and CALMER. If you had been here in forum for sometime you would known that anybody else would be in a better position than them. Get inspired man thats how life is .......life is always unfair........but think that you would such a gud chance of making it to residency than all of us coz yu have a pg in US/probably also LOR from US hospitals, USCE, and no other problems like visa, accomodation, yu can take cs....just imagine how many of them are waiting for US visa after scoring 99 in both steps. Think about them..........for anyone, to be in your position is a huge advantage Just go and get a job as a medial assistant in surgical and start reading step1. Never quit and please change yur forum id ........here is one such post that ICAN wrote......she has every reason to quit but she didnt quit rather she adviced calmer to get thro....if she can do well yu can def do......

Re:hi guys!!and congrats to friends
ican - 07/15/06 01:24

calmer,
I saw your initial post about your plight but i could not write because it was at the heat of my exam, i once encouraged you when you were asking about 2 kids and studying for usmle and told you i have 3. Now i have to encourage you again because, i wear a hotter shoe than you maybe when you read this, you will put your head up and move on remembering that with God all things are possible.
I had been in the shelter with my three kids, the last one just turned 7 monthe since may 2nd. I decided i have had enough and will never go back. There is nothing youn have written here that i did not go through even harder. i still do not want to talk about it now because i am too busy taking care of soooooo many thinghs iam faced with but in will write my fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul experience some day here . Mean while , sorry i did not post my experience but i have been quiet because the exam which i took on 3rd july ept me indefferent , I was speechless after my exam but i asked God that his will be done in my life.I wrote my exam while i am in the shelter and registerd for the exam with money a friend gave to me, now, i have registered for my step 2cs with the little money i get from cleaning peoples homes. i will go for the exam in august. Mean while, i qualified for the one year free housing through the little income i make from cleaning and next week , i will be moving with my kids to our 3 bedroom house which the government will pay for for one year and after one year , i will start. I applied for research job in the m.d anderson hospital and that is what i pray that i get now, but today, i just got a home care job to add to my housekeeping for a greater income. I do not have my green card yetb and that was part of why he maltreated me but you knw what goes around comes around because, he justb lost his liscence in this few months we left him and cannnot practice in the next 5 year. Calmer i dont want to disclose more things because iiam a very private person but i have been made to sleep in the garrage with our kids while i was pregnant, on a fathers day . ...then think of other. I WILL NOT RUN AWAY, I WILL MAKE IT , INSTEAD HE WILL RUN AWAY. I dont want to go into divrce now so that i get through with my exams as i planed to take them all this year if it is the will of the almighty God . i have only filled for child support for the kids. Cheer up , such is life and know that you are not alone, go to a shelter , they will help you then face your studiesfor now . When you get there you can take care of the rest, but to go back to him, PLEASE DOOOOOOO NOOOOOOT
i salute the determined ladies of this forum..may god bless u,tc
i had a firend who failed step one 6 times
and never quit
and if u ssee him he is one of the smertest pepale u can ever meet
and he never quit
took it last aprial and passed wit h score of 200
asked him what did u do diffent this time
he s aied nothing
just i got bater qastion
I have no words to praise the confidence and willpower of these ladies.....

Now I can tell that the phases of depression I go through is not because of real problems in life, but because of laziness......Just can`t complain about life.....May God bless everyone who are going through the hardships.....of preparing for usmle against all odds.....or preparing again after failure.....or struggling to manage studies and family.....

Keepup the good work of supporting each other......forget all the problems of life and just march forward......
i am new to the forum and amith just read your and ican's posts. all i have to say is let us all pray for these brave ladies sothat evrything becomes easier for them from now on and god give them and their children the best.
This post was only meant for quit and those who think that they are in a bad shape. Ofcourse it is not right to quote some one personal life but I just wanted to get the message to everyone that we should always be inspired and learn from people who are . Please do not reply about these two ladies ...they are doing fine now....rather try to motivate quit.
i'm def gonna keep you guys in my prayers tonight. i'm in a different, but relatable circumstances. all my mle and goin' to the US shit is loan based, i'm living with strangers coz' my parents............
hi folks ,
it is nice to see the support given to ppl who are emotionally down and the praise give to those who are waging their battle against all odds .. one suggestion .. can we start another forum here titled THE "I CAN " FORUM ... here ppl culd share their motivation and related experiences .... i believe they are as important as the different steps for the usmle .
god bless .
ok, i understand your message amith. sorry for mentioning.
anyway for quit plz donot give up ......if we can help you in anyway ...would be glad to help. takecare.
Pages: 1 2