USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: To all my dearest friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - commissar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
It was not until a lot of "old guys" writing e-mails to me that I know my step2 post was linked here in step1 forum. When I came back here, I found though most of the names are not known to me anymore, I can still find some of the oldies that we used to talk a lot and discussed together are still fighting here. How are you? I miss the old times. Hope all of you can soon eliminate this obstacle and move to step2, which is a lot easier to study for if u have good step1 basis.

Please stop praising me, or say i m great, like Einstein....sort of unreal things. I am just an ordinary person, and I guarantee i m not as smart as a lot of people here.
As for my post in step2 as well as step1 here, the only purpose is to give you guys an alternative view and preparation for USMLE. I didn't use the "traditional" kaplan notes to study bcz it's not possible for a guy whose mother tongue is not english like me to effectively study and master these huge contents, not to mention "applying them" in the exam. Thus I have to "restrict" the study content. If u r from India, Bangladesh, Philippines...the countries that teach english beginning in elementary school, u can go ahead and study kaplan notes if u feel comfortable, since u will grasp the contents fast and recall them easily, compared to my miserable satus.

One more thing: We are all M.D from all over the world, and most of us are the best students who has to ace every exam in our lives to be a doctor in each's country. We bound to have a lot of experience of acing exams and know well how to approach a test. Each individual is different but equally effective. When facing the USMLE, please calm down and use whatever strategy u did in ur previous successful exams. This test is not different from any of your previous exams. Don't let the panic take you to trying everyone's method and adjust urself all the time. What works for one doesn't mean works for others. Find your own way, and that's the reason i posted my experience to offer an alternative way for those who feels discouraged by the kaplan notes like me.

With regard to 2 months for step2, that is not to show i m a superman. Rather, I have no choice - have to take it as soon as possible bcz my schoolwork is coming like flood after October, and I will have no extra-energy for USMLE anymore. For those who can study full-time with no distraction from work or school, please cherish ur time and chances of study. When u feel nervous about the exam, just think of us - people who can't devote full time for usmle and had to squeeze any possible trivial time to study. U ll find ur status is much better than us, which can help reduce your tension.

For those who have to study and work simultaneously like me, don't feel depressed. It's horrible, i know. Our Gods( whatever God u believe in ) want us to do more and go farer in our lives, so they set some hurdles to see if we can come across. If we can make it, there will be almost no barriers in the world that can impede us anymore. Meaning Gods are actually giving us a treasure to develop our own abilities for future needs.

Finally, medicine is not the same as traditional science. It relies on heavy memorizations and time devotion. There is no short path. Do not believe anyone saying he can do anything with "small" effort. I studied very hard in medical school, and my country's MD takes 7 years to complete, so actually I studied a lot LONGER than most of u who come from 5-year UK system. It still took me around 5 months in total to tackle down step1 and 2.

GL, friends. To get 99 is not that hard. It's bcz this exam is too important that most people can't see its reality and can't do our ordinary performance in the exam anymore. I m sure u can all get better score than I have. I ll pray for all of you.

Congratulations Commissar.................Thank you for the encouragement & tips..
Wish you a bright future...
Congratulations Commissar.................Thank you for the encouragement & tips..
Wish you a bright future...
CONGRATULATIONS COMMISSAR AND THANKS FOR BEING SUCH A HUMBLE HUMAN BEING PEPOLE LIKE YOU MAKE LIFE WORTH LIVING! Please do pray for my success Thank You.
CONGRATULATIONS COMMISSAR AND THANKS FOR BEING SUCH A HUMBLE HUMAN BEING PEPOLE LIKE YOU MAKE LIFE WORTH LIVING! Please do pray for my success Thank You.
Thanks Commissar....so good to see you here......double 99 wow!!!! Good for you......all the best with your future.......................................
Thanks Commissar....so good to see you here......double 99 wow!!!! Good for you......all the best with your future.......................................
Thanxs a lot for share your experience with us and give advices, and of course, Congratulations!
By the way, where are you from?
Thanxs a lot for share your experience with us and give advices, and of course, Congratulations!
By the way, where are you from?
Thanks commissar. I 100% agree with you. very true. but we IMGs have some differences in our strategies pertaining to usmle prep since back to medical school, we had essay type questions with negligible mcqs and viva voce so we made prep according to that style. most will agree that USMLE system is entirely new for us. most of us have never encountered such a detailed mcqs before. Thanks to Q Bank, UW, Usmlerx and NBME for helping us prepare for those and many many thanks to the forum and people like you who post their exam experience and post questions.
Good luck
God blessSmile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6