USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Bad interview - rhodessta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I interviewed with 8 people and the seventh person just grilled me with questions concerning how long it took me to complete my ECFMG Certification and I cried during my interview. I am an IMG and it took me 4yr and 4 mo. to get ECFMG cert since graduation. I passed on the 3rd attempt each time w/ 77/83 and i'm studying for step 3.

I e-mailed the 7th person to try and arrange a second meeting, I must be a glutton for punishment?
This was my 4th interview out of 7

Let me know your advice please...
You r great , u got 7 interviews after all, dont worry abt only 1 bad exp.,gl
there's a lot of weirdos out there and never ever let them burst your bubble!
Thank you for your responses, I appreciate your opinions!

thanks again!

why would you arrange a second meeting? I think the first one already served its purpose. Sometimes we think we are being "grilled" when we go thru these interviews but in reality they are really asking just simple questions. I think asking you how long you took to get the certification is just an innocent general question that most applicants get and should not be interpreted as "grilling" you because of the fact that you took a while to get them. Try to show composure and presence of mind always in these situations. If you crack open with these simple questions in just an interview what more in the residency. Just my two cents.
that i s awesome my friend you got 7 interviews inspite of having 3 attempts ineach one of them (if i understood correctly). how did you manage to get such a good no of interview calls.please explain some more for us that will be helpful for some of of us. anyways you will do great in rest of them. just be confident. good luck , you will get there.
Hi rohdessta ,
If you dont mind can you share what speciality you have your interviews and also what programs is it , so it can help low scores with multiple attempts especially for next year applying , thank you and goodluck in the match.
I have 7 years of clinical experience my friend
poundforpound,

I agree with your comment that I should act as if discussing boards etc. does not bother me, I planned for that before hand but i still cracked at this interview, and It was one I really wanted too. I think I should make a full proof plan such as planning a new answer.
is it all us clinical experience? do you not have visa issue? just curious.
Pages: 1 2