USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: depressed...i need a job - kajol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Failed step 1 twice and am frustrated & need to get out of the house & get a job. however, no one wants to hire someone who just finished med school 8 months ago (an international/caribbean school at that), but does not have an md degree...does anyone know where i could get a job or have any idea about different types of jobs, preferably in FL? everywhere wants experience...& i've only passed CS.
u can get a job by typing the name of medical university in google n search for different positions they r offering in different fields. choose research jobs n then choose assistant 1 n2 ..thats how u can get jobs.its gonna take little time but u will gt itinshaAllah..bye n G.L
Do not loose hope,start a job as a clinical research coordinator as there are plenty of jopbs around and they prefer medical graduates.After that you can take another shot at the usmle.Good Luck
Keep going.........it will be ok.
Don't be worry!.. this test is not about just "knowledge" but about "luck" as well.... Keep trying don't matter what!... One friend of mine, he is an american but he partyed so hard that his socore did not let him enjoy a medical scholl in US. Brad went to caribean island for medical school. He took step 1 >>12 times<< and of curse!.. he passed it!... He is right know in 2nd year of surgery residency here in Atlanta, GA!...
Get a job. Washing dishes if you have to. This country has a lot of work available. Be humble (but decent please for your own sake). Be strong and consisten in your goals. Y*O*U C*A*N* D*O* I*T* I*F* Y*O*U* R*E*A*L*L*Y* W*A*N*T T*O*!!!
failing the exam 12 tims and then accepted in surgery residency, yeah right, i shall check up on that.....
seriously atl has a minimum fail rate of a certain exam, and 12 is overboard.
When HE finishes his residency in two more years, email me and I'll send you his name and address. Don't be jelous!. It is possible!....
kajol, where do live in florida ?. I will see if I can help you find a JOB
You know I"m really proud of every single person who replied back to Kajol and gave her so much courage...thats reallly sweet of you people...this is why I always come back to this forum.... I really pray to ALLAH that those who help others get a great reward in the end. And kajol all i have to say to u is DONT GIVE UP GIRL..GET UP AND GET BACK AT IT... YOU CAN DO IT !!!
Hello
There are many types of jobs that you can perform, before I started studying for the medical boards I worked as a Medical Assistant (they don't pay very well) and then as a instructor in a school (they pay much better), here in Florida, and they hire IGM's because they need you to teach basic science (anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, venipuncture, EKG, etc.), but I think that working in reserch is better. If you don't have to work, continue with your study, studying and workin at the same time is not easy.
Don't get discouraged, don't let to much time pass by and restart your studying again.
Good luck.
Pages: 1 2