USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: research on H1b? - nathalie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
is it possible to get research job for few months on H1b visa?

if yes,plz telll how to find it.

thanks.
have u done a research job b4 as well ? How many publications do u have ?
research is usually a long term committment...also i doubt if anyone ould go through the hassle of sponsoring ur H-1 unless u have grat credentials and demonstarte a desire to be there for a long term...s to answer your question i s ossible but highly improbable
anybody with research experience plz advice.
sure, pig can fly .
sorry but i dont like and use abusive language.any one else with more decent words?
brush ur english up 'nathalie'.....its an idiom, nothing abusive about it......
Well it is almost impossible to get research paid position for 3 months, I gave around 20 interview in last couple of months for Research and every body needs commitment for 1-3 years and finally i got one with the commitment of 1 year. Even if you will commit for voluntary work they need a commitment of atleast three months to observe you befpre they hire you.

DMKK
many imgs dont realise that research is a full time career in itself and needs a lot of effort and dedication..its not a stop gap arrangement to pad ur resume up or earn a qucik buck for a couple of months...

To Natalie
Re: meaning of When pigs fly

"When pigs fly" is an idiomatic way of saying that something will never happen. Pigs are heavy animals, without wings, and cannot possibly fly. So "when pigs fly" is a time that will never come. The phrase is similar to others such as "when hell freezes over."

The idiom is apparently derived from a centuries-old Scottish proverb, though some other references to pigs flying or pigs with wings are more famous. Here is one such reference from Lewis Carroll:
Pages: 1 2