USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Meduallar Carcinoma VS Ca......UW - reh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it says calcuium should increase by calcitonin in Meduallar Carcinoma of Thyroid

But in reality Calcitonin decreases Calcium leve

Have any 1 Noticed it?
Is Meduallar Carcinoma of Thyroid a functioning Cancer or Nonfunction, b/c of if non function Ca levels my be increased b/c Calcitonin would be deficient to normalize high serum Ca levels
ok Calcitonin should be low, and may find incr Ca levels b/c of dysregulation
Also if associted w/ HyperPTH then serum Ca levels will be High

Did you read it correctly in conjunction to the Case, Cuz you as u know reh I amke loads of mistakes s/t by not either assciating it to the given case or misreading it.
let me look at question again...but u know if keep the habbit of missing somethig all the time what 'll happen in exam...lol
Calcitonin levels are raised in medullary ca but calcium levels usually remain normal.
hey reh goldenhand is rite about calcitonin levels, just looked it up again, sorry for mistake
but I am not sure about Ca levels
ben i looked again...it just says only Medullar Carcinoma that leads to Increased Ca level....i thought may be its typo so as i u guys said it can be icreased or Normal too
I mean u appl agee with UW so its fact then