USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Advice for those taking their exam soon - drtwix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
multivit, eeman and whoever is taking their exam soon.. i would recommend going over the following stuff for each subject a few days before the exam..
PHYSIO: graphs (all), cardiac and renal physio, action potential ion changes
PATHO: usually long term memory, ok if u dont get o revise it
MICRO: major virulence mechanisms of the BIG bugs.. parasitology-infectious and tissue forms, fungology--major morphological forms, treatment, among the viruses which are positive, negative, dna-- just revise the classification
PHARMA: first 2 chapter of pharma--most important
BIOCHEM: rate limiting enzymes and their regulation.. no extreme details.. just the major steps.. substrates and products oof only the ratelimiting enzymes
B.S: sensitivity, specificity, PPV, NPV, confidence interval.. WHAT THEY MEAN.. how would u interpret their results
ANAT: limbs limbs limbs.. thoracic and abdominal walls.. embryo-- major deformities and their pathogenesis
histo.. can ignore a few days before the exam
Thanks alot drtwix.i appreciated ur concern.
ill definitely do wat u suggested.
Do u think i shud stopped doing UW anymore.
thanks for detail advice

how many qus did you get in mol biology,

what did you find in your test that you didnot expect?

How about CT,MRI Images?
thanx a lot. i have about 500 q left in the UW. and i am not doing them anymore. coz it makes u think everything in twisted. so i was making simple mistakes in the NBME forms.
am left with 200 Qs in UW (incorrect ones)
i do 50 Qs everyday n go thru explanations v fast.i will be doing them untill my exam along with other stuff just to be in touch with Qs.
don't care if i am still left with some untill my exam
sorry.. forgot microbial genetics.. got atleast 5 ques. on that.. eeman, Q banks hv a tendency to repeat within themselves.. so i would suggest stop doing it a week before the exam and read up high yield stuff..

multivit.. did get approx. 2-3 Qs on mol. bio in each block. sometimes 1 liner, sometimes a whole picture with graph and blotting etc. but dont get scared and pick up the big things from the graph.. what is present, absent, adding a substance did what.. i would suggest quickly skim it once and then mark it for the end.. dont keep thinking over it there and then.. there was nothing in my test that i didnot expect.. u guys know everything what to expect.. CT, MRIs were easy.. circle of willis asking for ant. cerebral A.
alright...i will stop doing them now.
50 ques a day is not that exhausting so i guess u should be ok..
imi2007, how many days to ur exam?? if more than 2 weeks then u can do questions alongside..
thank you for your advice and wish you high score. any more wierd qs!
drtwix, congratulations,
Did you read FA? is it necessary after kaplan for review. I read it for pharma only, immuno with some points added from kaplan, others-physio, bioch, anatom from kaplan and patho from goljan. I mean I dont' want to read the same staff in a different format (i mean kaplan and FA). I would rather stick to one source. also did UW-62% 2 month ago, doing q-bank with review of kaplan notes. having exam mid-june.

Thanks,
Pages: 1 2