USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: advice -
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
fail

I checked oasis and it's a fail. I am waiting for my report for 12 days now!!!
I don't feel a 100% motivation to retake the test, but the deadline for application is 31st. Should I apply anyway to avoid the deadline or wait for the report and take time to decide when to take the test again (in this case it will be in 2005)
And is it better to retake step1 (for the 3rd time; it's becoming boring!)or move on to step2 this time.
Thanks for your suggestions.
pp

it all depends on your score.
simrin - simrin

wait till you get your test score back, then evaluate where u are based on that and go from there. Dont rush into reapplying and retaking the test so soon. You want to pass next time around so take your time -- even start studying before you reapply and when u start to feel a little more confident then reapply and take it!! U can do it. Failing even 3-4 times is not the end of the world! Just know that next time u need to set a goal higher then passing for sure and you will pass!
docespy - docespy

Time is of the essence, you must take it as soon as possible ASAP! Concentrate on strengthening the areas that you did the worse in, meanwhile organize your plan of attack, put your sources back together for a killer review.
You just need to reinforce and practice questions, reinforce your weak areas. Do usmle.myplayspace.com review the sources that you used already and practice real conditions.
TAKE THE TEST AS SOON AS YOU CAN BEFORE YOU FORGET ANYTHING ELSE, JUST ADD TO YOUR KNOWLEDGE BASE AND SHARPEN YOUR SWORD (TEST TAKING TECHNIQUE).
Don't give yourself the chance to dwell or even think about it too much, GO FOR THE KILL!
YOU CAN DO IT! Just tell yourself "I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT" over and over again.
THE TIME IS NOW!
ani

Is this your first attempt? You should see in writing that you have failed before you move to next step. Did you expect to fail? If so why do you think you might have failed?
docespy - docespy

To know if your ready do nbme's ccssa forms 1 and 2.
Register as soon as possible while your hot and set your date for the begining of your eligibility period so that you can postpone if you need to increase your NBME score, don't look for the answers until you have scored above 500.
Above 500 on NBME's ccssa and for sure that you'll be ready.
cal_girl

who says Aug 31 is a deadline if you want to appear for step 1 in 2004 ?

Read this which clearly states that you can still select Nov 2004 - Jan 2005 if you miss the Aug 31 deadline ...

http://www.ecfmg.org/news/jul2304.html

If your 2004 Step 1 / Step 2 CK application is received after August 31, 2004, it will be rejected, and you will be required to reapply using the 2005 application materials. If your 2004 application is rejected, any payment received with your 2004 application will be credited to your ECFMG financial account. The first eligibility period for which you can apply using the 2005 materials is the November 2004 - January 2005 eligibility period.

docespy - docespy

This is your third time you know what you need to do and why.
1) Reinforce your FOUNDATION concentrate on what you don't know mostly.
2) Practice BOARDSTYLE QUESTIONS learn from them and build endurance.
3) Evaluate where you stand with NBME before taking it again.
CHANNEL THAT ANGER, USE THAT STEAM, HIT IT HARD THIS TIME, HARDER THAN EVER.
The only reason to not take it imeadiately is burnout, if so take a brake from everything usmle related for no more than two weeks and then come back with a vengance.
Don't tell anyone your test date and keep the energy inside
don't talk about it, only on a need to know bases.
YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CAN DO IT, I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!
fail

Thank you all for your reply.
I did got my report today; as expected, it's a fail:71/173.....
docespy - docespy

You are sooooo close to passing that you CAN pull off a high grade with an intense and consistent effort.
Go for it, its yours for the taking.
GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU!
Pages: 1 2