USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: ECFMG question regarding medical credentials - letsfly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody!
I am an IMG ,and I intend to apply for a residency program in the USA . I was wondering how does ECFMG verify our medical credientials?They only verify our medical diploma and school transcript with our medical school?
yes , they do verify only the above with the medical school
both Med Diploma and Transcripts otherwise!!!!!!!
is the verification done by mail?
And who does the verification,the dean of my medical school or some other person?
well once your med school recieves a mail package from ecfmg, they will send ur diploma (which u have to send a copy of it to ecfmg) and they ask the school by verifying it then they ask ur school to send a transcript, once ecfmg recieves both the diploma and the transcript, it might take like 4-6 weeks for reviewing
And they will verify with them if my diploma is real,that I was a medical student at their university, am I right?
yes that is correct

i think the dean will sign the diploma or put an offical stamp on it and he has to send a transcript too and return it back

thats all to it

make sure u call ur med school or have a relative check and ask them if they have recived anything in ur name from the USA, and ask them to finish it fast
they also ask to fill a questionaire...
asking number of years attended... institution setting standards.... continuity of medical education... disciplinary actions etc.
i have sent my medical diploma along with associated forms. how long does it take for ecfmg to process the documents before they send verification to my school? someone mentioned 4-6 weeks required, but i was told otherwise. thanks
I had the chance to look at my ECFMG credential verification forms at school. I filled up the forms by myself and my dean signed it in front of me. It was fun doing that.
Pages: 1 2