USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: All is possible and God is Great!! - masibo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Guys,
hope you are all well. Just wanted to thank you all for keeping this site going. I actively used this site while preparing for step 1 but was too busy later on due to my hectic schedule working in A&E. Iam an old graduate 1997 and applied for 80 programs both IM and FM. Only got two interview invitation and was very worried. Attended my interviews last week in New york and New Jersey and a miracle happened. I got a prematch with my first interview and when i went for the second interview there were signs that the faculty was very interested in me but they are not offering prematches ( at Englewood).
What i want to say is that in Everything Our god is able and there is nothing that is too difficult for Him ( Jer 29:11-13)
And when you get the opportunity to be short listed, chances are that you can actually get the Job. Try to be confident and sensitive at the interviews.

God bless you all.

congratulations!!!
did you know someone in the program?
Thanks dshikha and be blessed too
I didn't know anyone in program.
congrats masibo..!!! great job done..
Congrats! You are giving out a really nice message.
congrats! did u have high scores and lots of research? ur story is inspirational thanks
Thank you daisymd and may you be blessed
I graduated in 1997 , worked in uganda till 2000 and came to Uk where i have been since.
Did basic surgical rotation and got frustrated with surgery and limitec avenues.
Got an A&E job as a staff graduate on work permit thus getting little money and not able to do locums. At that time got married and was blessed with a child. I have to work extra hours in my hospital to be able to pay mortgage and look after my family while at the same time read for usmle.
It was tough but my weapon was prayers.
Had a few papers presented and 2 publications but in surgery not medicine.
I still believed in myself and prayed to my God and decided to go for IM programs.
so that is my story brothers and sisters.
Be blessed all
Pages: 1 2 3