USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: i failed in my step 1 -
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
nisha - drnisha23

i got my results on the 4th feb & i "ve failed. i am scared to star again & feel that my confidence level has gone down.i dont want to give up, but somehow unabe to gather the same courage & determination.i didnt some how give my best during my 1st attempt to step 1. plz help me so that i can make it this time.i am planning to take my exam in the last week of may.thanx.
lo

hi nisha
im writing this to encourage u as u have already set your heart on retaking the exam.
try and exam your self to find out where your problem lies.
and always see the light at the end of the tunnel.

wishing u the best
alex

hi nisha, i understand how do you feel. I failed too in December, I got my repor inlate january. however, take this as the first step to keep going. take the books again, and work hard in the weakness area you got from the test results.
good luck.
docos

hi Nisha, i know how it feels, but i guess u will become more stronger. u urself say that it wasnt ur best shot. now its the best time, go for it. come on, u have been doing it in the past, otherwise u wouldnt be here. i m ready to help u out in any way possible. i got my result on 5th of feb and i passed.
take care,goodluck.
docos.
nisha - drnisha23

thanx to everyone there.i needed it the most.
nisha - drnisha23

hi docos, i would be glad if advice me ,on which subjects to concentrate more & also which topics. r u an img. iam from india.thanx.
mumbles - ghonfocus

What kind of q's were you doing and what % were you getting? also, where did you get hurt the most on?
hooch !@!@

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME ;;

ATLEAST U HAV THE COURAGE TO STAND UP AND LOOK FWD TO GO 4R THE NEXT ONE;;

ALL THE VERY BEST AND BEST WISHES AHEAD !

ur into courage ;; step away frm determination and consistency ;; go for it !@!@!
new

read more on ethics, biostats. get the most recent. check your performance profile on the back of your score report to see. do the NBME qs at:http://www.nbme.org/programs/sas.asp
i found those qs are quite similar to the real exam both in content and difficulty levels. try to get close to 500. u will be at 86+ on the real thing. good luck!
docos

Hi Nisha, first of all just relax. take a look at the back of the score report. u can see in which subjects u got low performance. usually these are ur weak areas. u can judge it urself whether u got comparatively more mcq's from those weak areas. now u have to make them ur strong points. u have worked so hard, u have to repeat itwith every subject. we cant take any chances. each of the 13 subdivisions of ur course must be equally good, as each of them is tested on the exam, u know it by now. stick to ur previous books and try to make short notes, or get First Aid prepared for the final days.it really helps. do the qbook and qbank again and read the explanations carefully. also do the nms qbook if u can.
dont be isolated, enjoy life at the same time, its just an exam, and people like us r meant to pass it, and u will get a good score.
feel free to ask anything. yes i m an img. i have a lot of indian friends. i hope i have got another. i m from pak.
take care.
docos.
Pages: 1 2