USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: is it important to have 4weeks internship of psyc -
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
medico04

please answer my question above... thanks
abbyb

not for every program, as much as i know.
its required by certain states e.g IL......................
vj - mvldr15

i think its also required in NJ as one of the programs there said its a state rule.this rule is disgusting as many of us wont be having this much period of psychiatry posting.
researcher

its the req. of state of il.
jai

it is also mendatory for Ca.
medico04

now that i only have 15 days of psychiatry postings during my internship in india, what do you guys suggest me??
drcool

itsnot only that internship man, u must have done 15days posting during ur mbbs too. so that makes up 4 wks.
anju

hi,
Are we supposed to rectify this problem before applying to illinois programs or will it be fine after getting matched there.
I need an h1b visa.Also will an observership in psychiatry or familymedicine or neurology in canada considered sufficient for this 2 weeks and also CME online credits.
Please suggest the ways and when to correct.I am pressed for time as i am applying for 2005 match and i am an img from india.I did only 2 weeks psychiatry in third year and no postings during internship in psychiatry and neurology.
thanks,
anju
anju

hi,
please reply.
thanks,
anju
vj - mvldr15

to anju,
hi i am also an IMG from india i am from hyderabad.where r u from.
i am also sailing in the same boat.just yesterday i came to know that we need 4wks of postings in both peadiatrics and psychiatry.i got an interview call from NJ.they told me so.and i have only 2wks each in my internship.but i have seen the mail by drcool above.it says it can also be from our schooling period.if its true i have enough days for pediatrics but not for psychiatry.lets hope for the best.
Pages: 1 2