USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Help needed.... - unstableangina
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NBME 2 block 3...

Q3 - Pedigree with multiple tumors.. can any one explain.. i think its E but key says B
Q4- type 1 dm, ESRD, Hypertension given erythropoietin ... can anyone explain..
Q10 - lady with RA complains of pain n inability to open tap.. doc pt.. i think D or E.. key says A???
Q22 - exhilaration can be due to epinephrine??
Q46 - wat is the diagnosis?? can it be RMSF or poison ivy s wat they r sayin???

Pls post ur viewss... ebnalfady, mdsurgeon, okt3, ultradocmansu, sam82, rizo, irfanamir, rkmehta and others,,
also Q43 - eukaryotic protein, glycosylated nonmemb, disulfide linkages.. present where??

wat is the concept here..
hi unstableangina
q3 ..........didn't study genetics
q4.......most common side effect of erythropoittin is hypertension
q10......... A IS CORRECT IT IS ACASE OF RHEMATOID EXCERBATION
SO GLUCOCORTICOIDS HERE IS CONSIDERED FOR SYMPTOMATIC RELIEF
Q22.....epinephrine CAUSE VASODILATATION OF BLOOD VESSELS OF MUSCLES
AND INCREASE BLOOD GLUCOSE IN THE BODY AND BRAIN
AND STIMULATE ALSO NOREPINEPHRIN DUE TO STRESS THAT CAUSE PSYCHOACTIVITY
Q46.................IS TYPE 4 HYPERSENSITIVITY........NOT 1 BECAUSE IT OCCURED AFTER 3 DAYS I'LL COPY AND PASTE FROM ROBBINS THE MECHANISM OF ACTION OF TYPE 4

Activated T lymphocytes âž™ i) release of cytokines and macrophage activation; ii) T cell-mediated cytotoxicity SOOOOOOOOOOOO
E IS MORE ACCURATE THAN C

GL
thanks buddy..

wanted to add something here..

q10 - first thing to do wen a pt is in pain, is to relieve it.. so the answer has to be a..
q22- key says endorphins..

any one else?? q 3 q 43???
Q3.Cause is P53 so I think B is correct
Q4. Iz It C (Not Sure....only explanation I can come up with iz that with a failing kidney I think HT is a Probability)
Q10.Either A or E (I will go with E)Its one of the side effects of having R.A not an acute situation so wonder why A
Q22.could be "Feel good hormone like substances " Like Endorphins(bc Epineph is released minly due to Fight,Flight,Fright etc....that could be present even in the beggining..Could be giving butterflies in Tummy....But Beta Endorphins is the correct one for sure)
Q46 100% Testicular CA...Reason: Age ,Painless & Negative Transillumination
For Li-Fraumoni's Syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P53_gene
Q 43 . I think they should be in Cytosol (in Mature forms)looks like an enzymatic protein/a Hormone....like Insulin(Disuphide links)
22. "endorphin rush"- refer to feelings of exhilaration brought on by pain, danger or other forms of stress

for Q 4 i dont think that erythropoitin cause hypertension, since it is controled administartion of erythropoitin. but yes if it is erythropoitin neoplastic condition it will cause HTN. and abt ans i think it is C not due to erythropoitin because the most difficult task in end stage renal failure is controlling HTN.

Q 10 i think E is appropriate. (she called her physician means she is on medication)
so for 3 it must be variable expressivity in li fraumeni.. the key really confused me..

43) also i think the protein glycosylated so it is directed to ER.. n no phosphorylation of mannose so not a lysosomal protein n hence secreted to cytolasm...

can someone tell me the clinical features of poison ivy dermatitis???
Pages: 1 2