USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Plz Advice Me - pk77
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I am an IMG wid 5 yrs multiple entry B1-B2 Visa. My 6 months entry will expire on 30 October2008. I lived 3 months in US earlier this year so this makes 9 months in total. I have 3 interviews scheduled in December so I wanted to know that should I extend my visa or go back to home now and come again in early Decemer?

Guys plz advice me.
Thanks
guys need ur input...
ur credentials
Go back now.
84 80 certified. 6 months externship, 3 months observership, 5 months reasech observership.
2004 grad..
i have stayed 9 months in USA this year..
from JAN to MARCH
then May to OCT08

Can I come again in December for IV.hav 5 yrs multiple visa...Bi-B2
PLZ GUIDE
Aslong you have a multiple visa for 5yrs. You can leave and come to america and stay for a period of 6months(1 stay) then leave and come back. So leaving now and coming for an interview is a valid reason.
Best of luck
OH OH WAIT WAIT...try for an extension before having to go through the risk of leaving on not coming back. Be very careful.
Something I forgot to add, also depends from which country your coming from. If your from any country which had violent attacks recently I would advice you to stay. As you maybe troubled at the port of entry. If you are still uncertain you can consult an immigration lawyer.
Pakistan....If I come back in Dec..do they have the right to send me back or they have to gve some entry ??? Wht do you guys suggest.....plz guide
Pages: 1 2