USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Update: KMC Manipal, Mangalore Recognition!!! - enigma180
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The FAIMER Medical Directory on the ecfmg.org site now includes 2004 in the recognized graduation years. I believe that means now anyone applying for usmle exams, ecfmg certification or the match will not get held up. If anyone else can confirm this or has more details on the matter, let us know..thanks.
well nope, those who graduate in 2005 - that is those who are doing internship will still be affected
i think it will be better to confirm from mci site however i won"t be surprised all colleges will be left of the hook in a few days maybe it happened early with kmc
Maverick, that's what I mean, earlier, it was 1953-2003, now it's been changed to include 2004. Those who have graduated in 2004 are the ones who would've been affected most by this since most of them and earlier graduates are the ones taking exams now. Obviously, the way it is now, 2005 graduates, those who just finished their internship would still be put on hold.
i want to tell u one thing becuz that"s what my mistake was graduation year is when u pass final year not when u complete intern
I don't think so, if your internship is compulsory in order for you to graduate, then you can only quote the end of your internship as the date when you graduated. Can you tell me your reasoning for your view.
see i talked to ecfmg they told me that ideally the date u pass final year is graduation year however if u write the date of issue of diploma as graduation year then no problem in that too
For those who want to know, FAIMER now includes 2005 as recognized graduation years. So it seems as if the problem has been corrected. It remains to be seen if it changed to how it was originally written in FAIMER as till "current." Either way for now good news for all trying to write exams and/or join match/get certified.
aajkal, I guess it's possible to be interpreted that way too being that you are no longer an student but a paid intern. Either way it may not matter too much since for ecfmg/usmle applications, they ask you to give dates of attendance as well as dates of internship just in case your grad. date/diploma date is misleading.
By the way, what school did you study at aajkal and when did you graduate. Nice to exchange thoughts with you. take care.
just curious, isn't KMC manipal a good institute. how come it lost MCI recognition.
Pages: 1 2