USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Praticing medicine in Europe - pali
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does any one know about Practising medicine in the European union.For example if you get a degree from say Latvia can you go to another EU country and practice medicine without doing further exams or do you know which countries require exams?

hi pali, if u got ur degree from an european union country, u can work in any european union country without taking any exam, just have to learn the language for that country. hope this helps
Thank you james111

ya that's how I heard too, but since I"m not an EU citizen can I still work in any EU country without having to do further exams.

I know that Uk asks for PLAB regardless of the country of your degree.
No, UK does not ask for PLAB from EU countries. Other countries only
Hi pali, ok i also studied in europe, so if u are not a european citizen then you have to do the PLAB exam for UK, but the rest of the European Union countires you do not have to do any exam if you graduated from a euopean union country..you should try for the scandinavian countires like norway, lot of my friends are there, and they are not european citizens but graduated from a european union country, all you have to do is learn the language and take there language exam....its the easiest thing to do, and the living is very high standards in Norway...
Thank you for the information mlegriller

I thought UK medical council asks for exam if you are not a EU citizen even though you got a medical degree from EU university
I got it

Thank you very much james111 for your kindness
Hi I found this reply when I posted the same question in miscellaneous section

can you take a look..and what do you think

sd911 - 03/18/09 16:45

if you get a medical degree from any EU(european union) country as latvia and all the other EU countries you can apply for a residency in most of the EU countries , however even if your diploma is an EU diploma you will still have to do an exam before entering any country and starting your residency .

the EU diplomas will make it easier for you to apply to those exams and residencies because you wont have to go through the process of confirming and legalising your diploma and wether its valid or not , but it doesnt exempt you from doin those tests in most of the EU countries , also you'll have to speak the language of the country your applying to as well .

if you have an EU passport with an EU diploma it makes it easier to get a residency , but you can still manage to get a residency without a pasport .
without an EU passport however england will not take anybody starting this year as residents .
hello frends,
can anyone tell me please is it possible for me to practice medicine or get a residency in EU countries? i have a MD degree form india. if possible s there any exam i have to give.. plzzz tell me.. thank u
hello frends,
can anyone tell me please is it possible for me to practice medicine or get a residency in EU countries? i have a MD degree form india. if possible s there any exam i have to give.. plzzz tell me.. thank u
Pages: 1 2