USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Any old grad got ivs? - junaid_08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I am getting rejections almost 20 with
99,99 and cs passed.more than 12 yr grad,and 6 mth us clinical experience.
I saw you in step3 forum.
check your application carefully, there must be something wrong, check your PS again
there are lots folks matched with much lower scores than yours, check eras match report last yr.
hi junaid08 do not loose hope with your score you will get a decent residency spot very soon its just the begining of the process just wait and apply every where big or small programme..good luck!!

being old graduate you gets very impressive score, will you please advice me how to prep for steps and what matiral i m an old grat and need some help

again u will get it just work on your interviews skills and wait time will come!!
aspirin,u know me from step3 but my story is hidden which must be leaving a scar on my application:

I am certified since 1999,with low scores ,didnt get residency and redid the exams.now got 99 in both steps but in my application I wrote the truth and wrote the yrs of my previous exams .As program can always see the transcript.But looks like programs thinking it as attempts and sending me rej without even looking my transcripts.
i am sorry to hear this. i am not sure, but we have been always advised not to write negative points or failure in the ps! i hope u can get into the residency u like.
This yr s way wired though....seems like msotly reject or silent reject! or mostly is for fresh grads. even gc and us citizens old grad are crying as u may see. GOD HAVE MERCY ON US! dont loose hope...cant u write a new ps and re-select it for all ur progrmas and remove the failure? lets try it for some programs..,,,or apply with a new ps in some other programs.....i doubt if u loose anything! try to stay positive anyways!
gl
that might the problem is, please try to stick to your area hospitals, show them your capability, show them your step3 score. Also, call the program who rejected your application and explain to them.
Junaid,

i think what you did that is perfect.
telling truth is always best what you know.
and you should be proud for your achievement.
i'm sure program will understand that point very well.
You wrote your old and recent exam result, am i right?
have you explained well in PS?
if not, you can write another one.

you will be just fine, i hope so.
because i know one country friend who wanted to hide something, ultimately it went very badly.
don't lose your hope.
university have just started their sorting.
you will get it.

thnak u guys.

i actually talked to ecfmg and they told me that when hosp is going to download transcripts they will automatically receive all of the transcripts whether i mention it or not and i think CAF ask us to write all the times when we write the exams. so whether i have written or not,program will come to know the no of times i did the exam and then the ecfmg certificate is issued only once,no matter i redid the exam ,the issuing date of certificate is 1999.
i didnt write why i scored low on previous exam but i explained that i redid all of those as i had not done step3 at that time.

but i am scared now due to bombardment of rejSad
Hi junaid, I am very sorry what is happening.

Please contact me on nbmemle

I am waiting for ur mail !

Best of Luck
have you seen fsmb website's applicant site.
how was it written?

i also registered for step 2ck, but didn't take exam.
i found there (fsmb) it is mentioned that i scheduleted for exam.
i was scared at the begining, not now.
here, they check everything, very sincere.

Have you followed yr of grad criteria strictly?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6