USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: USMLE score expiry and Retaking steps///////////// - cshouston30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can any one tell me the information regarding the expiry of USMLE exam scores and how can I retake the exam ?
wait 7 years and ur gud to go...and usmle people have a site called usmle.org. u can access tat for further info.
Thank you for the reply.
I am done with step-1 , 2 ck and cs. My score will be null in December 2009. What if I take step-3 before December 2009 and finish all the steps.
Do I still have to retake the exam ? I am really stressed. Plz help me .
hi cshouston30,
I believe once you are ECFMG certified you should not have problem. the certificate is valid forever. I called ECFMG once for the same question and they said the steps won't expire. I suggest you call them and check again.
good luck
if you are ECFMG certified, your steps will never expire and you cannot give the exams again....
It has nothing to do with ecfmg, retaking the exam has to do with each states liscensure requirements. Some say must complete step3 5 years from date of step2 or 7 years. Depends on the states requirements.