USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Nrmp directory-numbr of positions - infogirl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear All,
If you go to your nrmp pages,there is a directory that lists all programs currently egistered for the match and the number of positions in Categorical, prelim etc.
A lot of the hospitals listed in that list have considerably lower number of pstions than they told us when we went for interview.
For example,Griffin hospital connecticut, strictly says NO prematch and the number of caegorical is 4. but in the NRMP directory it is 3. and same with Atlanta Medical Center-they say number is 10. But in NRMP directory its 5.

When I call the program they say no prematch has been given out this year.
So does this mean, the directory is listing the last year postion numbers or the programs are not disclosing to us, but are reducing the numbers in the match!
Please give your opinion or any input that you know of on this.
somebody please answer!
It is the list from last year, you have to wait until after January 30th, 2010 to see the real positions for the match.
Those are the number for which they will go to NRMP match but can be increased if someone let down prematch offer.
it is for THIS YEAR.
because, i know program has given prematches 5 positions last yr (data from nrmp).
this time it is showing up total positions they have, 10 positions.

Those are the number for which they will go to NRMP match

however,
we have to wait until after January 30th, 2010 to see the real positions for the match.
meti: i have no ideas...i thought it was for last yr!!?
however, i have heard about programs who have filled wid prematches or under the table offers....yet are sending ivs to (poor) ppl!! i have no ideas .....someone said:" since they have to provide enough doc to show that they have been fair in ther selections, they send ivs to more ppl....while they only rank/select ther own choice at the end(wid good doc & proof that they have fairly ived ppl)"?! there is not a clear frame for ther selections. they may take some with good scores and credt...but there are always ppl who get in true LINK/connections and seems we cant do much about it!
one good example i saw recently was someone wid scors of 70some+attempts+old grad:was asking to rank his/her list (most of those programs had cutoff yr of 3-5 yrs, needed score of >200,no attempts!!!)...so how come dat person got those ivs? God knows!
i've emailed nrmp and ask about it here is the answer:

The quota that appears is real time information. It reflects the number of positions for the 2010 Match.

Regards,

NRMP Client & Technical Support
can someone provide the link of nrmp showing this year positions.
im a little confused......if the programs still continue to offer some prematches during january ,wont the number of positions entering match then go down if those being shown right now are real time?
go to nrmp website and log in, then go to directory on the left upper corner
Pages: 1 2