USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Univ of Chicago (Psychiatry) - harry206
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi frndz,

I found this information on other forum (regarding Univ of Chicago psychiatry residency program):
"For your application to be considered for interviews, your medical school transcript must show completion of at least four weeks of clinical psychiatry training"

How reliable is this information.
(Reason for asking this question:- I have only 2 weeks of clinical psych rotation during my internship)

I have mailed then 3 times, but no reply so far.
Thanks.
how about before the internship? did you have any psych clerkship?

I dont know how reliable that info but I know that some places want at least 4 weeks of rotation in psych.

hi harry206 nice to see you here

all residency programs in IL require 4 weeks of psych, that is true. This is actually not the residency programs' requirement rather to get license, i mean state board requirement.
Hi pahology,

My transcript says only 2 weeks of psych experience.
Although I have resarch and observership experience in psych, but no clinical experience (like externship).....So I think there is no use of applying to this program.

Anyone in similar situation.
Thanks again
Hi SI,

I know that this is state board requirement for IL.

Since I don't have 4 wk psych clinical rotation in medical school...I will face this problem later. should I even apply to any psychiatry program in IL.

How is everyone approaching IL psych programs.

Thanks
even if you had an externship in psych that wouldnt be considered as 4 weeks, you have to have those 4 weeks in your transcript or MSPE. I have the same Q, with only 2 weeks of psych. So dont know apply to IL programs or no?
i need to know also
beause it's for license, does it apply for every specialty?
yes it applies to every specialty, i called one program in CHicago about that, he told me that they look in transcript for psych, then i asked if it is possible to get IV without that he told me yes but for ranking they are gonna look in your transcript or MSPE

at the same time i know guys you got matched with 2 weeks in psych

i heard they consider post med school training.
S.idea, so you can ask your friends who got match.
that would be a help.
I have three weeks from school.
what you mean by post med school training - ->residency and internship? if yes how can they check that?

unfortunately they are friends of guys who are friends of friends of mine, so that would be impossible.

but they got matched for sure, because i specifically asked this Q couple of guys.

Pages: 1 2