USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Passed NBME's but failed STEP 1!!!! - sexydoc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
HI GUYS,

I really don't know wat to do. Any input is much appreciated!
I read FA 4 times, read goljan and listened to audios, did DIT, did uworld X 2.....LIKE WAT MORE CAN I DO???????

NBME 7 = 217
NBME 11 = 219
NBME 12 = 215

STEP 1 = 173

I really really need advice... i honestly don't even know where to begin since i did everything i needed to do. NEED HELP!
BTW this goes to show you that NBME's CAN be completely wrong!!! I thought these were supposed to be good predictors!

I was confident going in...WTF happened???
this was online? or the offline one's people are trading?
you didn't mention questions you did
nm, i see it usmleworld 2 times
hi,

did u study wt a study partner? and for how long?did u also did u read or watch kaplan notes?i feel bad for u but believe dat it is well
maybe try kap qbank n try to get concepts cold
these are all ONLINE...
i did not study with a study partner...didn't feel i needed to
and studied for about 7 months straight
i did some kaplan videos here and there when i didn't understand something...all the physio ones tho.

Guys any suggestions on how to approach this again???
i know it is sad ..., my partner also discouraged me from giving the test for scoring low on nbme,

one explanation is -------some times in stress some people make more mistakes , passing marginally or +_ 10 is deadly, what if we score _10 or _15, we may fail,
sorry buddy, get your courage back and restart the studies...
Now relax , everything could happen in this exam, take a break then try to figure out what was wrong with u, u are the only one to be able to identify where the problem is because u know your self much better than any other person.
U can always use the same study materials but in a different method & approch, & try to reinforce your weak areas.
Also, try to avoid too much stress as it has negative impact in our studies.
Don't be discouragous, it' not the final of the world.
I wish u good luck !
Pages: 1 2 3 4