USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: If I take two months off to finish CS before step1 - kashvi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
They are changing the patient note format in CS in June. I dont want to take CS in new format. But right now I am preparing for step 1. I need some advice....If I take two months off and go finish CS in april or may ....and then come back to finish step 1 in june or july (whenever the NBME scores say that I am ready).....will it be okay?...Will I forget everything I studied in step 1 in the 2 months time off that I take for CS?....Does anybody have an idea about this?....becoz I am kind of nervous about doing it this way. I also want to apply this year...Any input on this will be appreciated. Thanks.
y do u think it wil be difficult if they change the pt note format?do u mean it will get more tough for imgs to pass cs after they do it?
i dint understand y u want to skip suddenly to cs prep worrying abt the change in format
anyways...am not experienced to ans wer ur question but if i was in ur place ...if there is no other go then i would atleast do few step1 questions daily while prep for 2months for cs ....as u said 2months there are chances that one may forget all one has studied for step1
best way to remember is to keep doing atleast few questions evryday...so that we remember the pattern and kind of questions asked in step1
Good luck
I was also thinking the same thing...I heard about the change in patient note pattern....and i dont want to deal with that either....ay be we have to take 2 onths off to finish it.....
i was just discussing the same thing with another person on the forum. I also dont want to be confronted with something new...I have already failed the CS once....so I am sticking to the old format. only thing i will have to type it this time.

I am scheduling things this way....( I hope it works out!!)....

Step 1 by the last day of march...and cs by may

If I need more time for step 1 or if my nbme scores are not coming out right then i might file for extension but that gives only 3 months more extension for step 1 out of which 2 months will be spent on CS prep!!....I dont understand what else we can do ....

The cs pattern will change in june...

Does anybody else also have any suggestions on this??
hi , i have the same doubt not comfortable with the change & sometimes i also planned like indianchick to give step 1 by end of march & cs end of may . but sometimes i wander hurrying up & giving the exam will not give us the result we want.
usmle2177....so then what shud we do? How should we schedule the exams?...
What kind of new format are they changing. Is it going to be rely tough
hey guys, i would suggest, if u wanna break the prep, break it as soon as possible, so that u can have some time to intensive step1 prep after u come back. otherwise its always advisable to take step 1 with break n then go for CS. I am currently preparing for step1 n will b done wid it in Jan, i will have to break my CK prep.
do u think there is a risk of failing CS before Step 1 and ck?...
if we are breaking our step 1 prep...after how many months after cs should we schedule our step 1....Can anybody suggest anything about this?....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6