USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Short quiz - samideb12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What will happen to Pulmonary vascular resistance and pulmonary artery pressure when CO decreases?
VC I guess.
Hiiiiii
both decrease
B/c of systemic vasoconstriction,I thought that both would increase but I found the answer to be increase and decrease respectively.
............>increased PVR and decreased PAP
samideb can you please elaborate your answer please..thankyou
My assumption was both will increase if CO decreases due to ,for example, hemorrhage ,but the answer to this particular question was PVR increases and PAR decreases.I could not understand the latter though I agree with the former.
pulmonary vascular resistance increases due to hypoxia n artery pressure decreases due to dec. CO m i rite?
How does CO2 have a separate action of decreasing pulmonary arterial pressure? Should it not also affect the pulmonary vascular resistance ? ..................
When CO decreases there is backflow of blood into pulm. vasculature but pulm. vasculature will reflexly vasoconstrict in order to maintain blood flow to the body thus increasing pulm. vascular resistance and when pulm. vascular resistance is increased then there would be decreased pulm. artey pressure.
Pages: 1 2