USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: Question........... - psychmledr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. Which of the following chemotherapeutic agents has least known myelosuppression?

A. Actinomycin D
B. Cyclophosphamide
C. Bleomycin
D. Docetaxel

2. ____________ is not an antineoplastic agent, which binds to reactive metabolite of IFEX or Cyclophosphamide without affecting antitumor activity.

A. Fluorouracil
B. Tamoxifen
C. L-Asparaginase
D. Mesna

3. Filgrastim is a:

A. synthetic antiestrogen used in the treatment of breast cancer.
B. anti-metabolite chemotherapeutic agent.
C. human recombinant granulocyte colony–stimulating factor (G-CSF)
D. nitrogen mustard.

4. Which of the following chemotherapeutic agents is a folate-antagonist antimetabolite?

A. Thioguanine
B. Fluorouracil
C. Mercaptopurine
D. Methotrexate
1C
2D
3C
4D
My sweet psycho, it's like a quiz from my yesterday's material. THank you, my Psycho.
Agree Smile
Yes all are correct. C, D, C, D Smile

Hello Lovetest and Maryam. You are welcome Smile

2 more Qs and then we can call it quits Smile

1. A drug used in a chemotherapy regimen works by complexing with iron and oxygen to promote DNA strand breaks. While on this drug, the patient must be monitored closely due to pulmonary side effects. In what phase of the cell cycle does this drug work?

A. G1
B. S
C. G2
D. M
E. This drug is not cell-cycle dependent

2. Resistance to which anticancer drug, used in leukemias, lymphomas, and breast cancer, is associated with increased production of dihydrofolate reductase?

A. Doxorubicin
B. Vinblastine
C. 6-MP
D. Cytarabine
E. Methotrexate
1:c

2: ? e??
1C
2E
C and E are correct Smile

I posted Q 2 because I wanted to share what I learned that resistance to methotrexate develops when cancer cells upregulate the DHFR or alter the binding of methotrexate to DHFR.

Both are Kaplan Qs.
thanks psychmledr
Pages: 1 2