USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community

Full Version: message from eras - dumanu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
has anyone received an email about soap from eras?
and did you understand the process?
Yes and it is no different from what they published before or what has been exhaustively discussed on this forum. I encourage you to browse & search on SOAP here by Kompete x y... he/she did a fantastic job (along with other contributors) in demystifying SOAP.
@ call: thank you, i referred back to the post and was able to better understand it. appreciate your help.
Yes, I got it as well...it is very clear info (summarization of what they already told us before), and if you will couple it with SOAP discussion on this forum-then it looks even more understandable.
something has changed, is it the same for u?

ERAS SOAP before this said: No call, No contact! which made me happy as fmg...because only those who have contact(AMGs) can use it at their best advantageous....now this email says: "contact thru dean ..." meaning, they are giving them an opportunity to be picked up over the rest who dont have contact, hah?

" Please consult with your designated dean’s office for assistance when applying to ACGME-accredited programs during SOAP. If you have any questions about using ERAS during SOAP, contact our HelpDesk at 202-862-6264 or myeras@aamc.org for assistance."....!

the same corrupted system as it was in scramble?! or wht?
As an IMG, your designated deans office is ECFMG. so when they say please consult the designated deans office - for AMG it is the medical school office and for IMG it is ECFMG. Hope this allays some panic. Good luck.
mleresidencytips : it doesnt change the circumstances...only AMGs can use their dean influence to call other programs/pd to give them the slot...how they do this? it is easy, by giving them their aamc number, so the program wud send those applicant the offer.
ecfmg wudnt do this for fmg, in the other word, FMGs dont have such contacts to call...so, it is a pretty much win win situation for AMGs.
mery - you have a good point IMO. Our designated dean's office is good for just processing paper work and verifying credentials. When it is crunch time, the AMG's dean's office on the other hand, can mae those calls and make things happen...... ahhh ... the life of an img.... but i brought this upon my self Smile
@mery

is that what you understood from that sentence??

thats not what they meant when they included that sentence in the email... it doesnt mean dean will call programs on behalf of each and every applicant who is unmatched... you think the dean of a medical school is that desperate??? AMGs will do this even during regular match... and when the eras people say "assisstance" it means assistance regarding uploading of LOR's, transcripts, Personal statements etc etc... and not what you are thinking every medical school here has a couple of people(non doctors) who help their students during application process...

you are an FMG right?? where did you send your letters to be uploaded... to ECFMG right??? so if you have any problem with your application you must call ecfmg(your designated deans office...)

and "no contact before" means you/anyone on your behalf of you cannot call programs for "applying" thats all, previously on postmatch scramble, you had to call programs to apply to them...

no one knows what happens in reality, i am not commenting about whats happening everyday... i am just explaining the meaning of that sentence.... that sentence in the eras email doesnt mean what you are thinking...

this forum already has many nervous junkies... dont add to their stupidity and nervousness by creating false impressions like this...
Pages: 1 2 3 4